Quantcast

fox 40 -diffrent year the same fork???

hi,
Im building up a new bike now and Im about to get new fork. Fox 40 sounds the best for me but I was wondering what are the diffrencies between year models? Apart for color I think technically they looks the same-Am I right?

I got good offer for 2006 year model..were they good? thanks

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
The 2006 forks had dampening issues. Improvements have been made in the dampening cartigage each year since. How much of an improvement is open to question. The basic chassie has remained the same sice it came out.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
there are changed every year. mainly internally and sometimes structurally too.

05-06 are quite similar, 07 had more bottom out damping, 08 had even more bottom out damping and more compression overall. 09 is world of difference, better control on the damping, smoother and new crowns, also shortened the stanchions a bit.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
there are changed every year. mainly internally and sometimes structurally too.

05-06 are quite similar, 07 had more bottom out damping, 08 had even more bottom out damping and more compression overall. 09 is world of difference, better control on the damping, smoother and new crowns, also shortened the stanchions a bit.
Heard a bit about it(the 09 models). Good that it's true. Maybe if cash allows...