Quantcast

Fork is flexy

klutch

Monkey
Jan 25, 2007
dirty jersey
I ride a hardrock pro and have a 06 Marzocchi mx comp either 120 or 130mm not sure and I was riding Ringwood yesterday and the fork feels flexy as hell. When I hit anything in the trail it wobbles like a Mike Tyson knockout. I've tried different adjustments and all sorts of settings and it's the same, I even tentioned and trued the front wheel with no change and the headset is tight. The fork has got the ETA/TAS air on the right stantion and internal rebound adjust, anyone have this fork with this problem or any suggestions on possible causes I would really appreciate it.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
umm, it's an XC fork? If you've already tightened your hubs theres not much to be done other than live with it or buy something with something beefy.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I weigh 198 and I have a RS J3. Thing flexes like there's no tomorrow. Slapped on a SR Duro 100 just for kicks and it feels so much stiffer. Both forks are QR, but the main difference between the two forks are the stanchions. The J3 is 28mm, the Duro is 32mm. If you're a bigger guy, you may want to go with thicker stanchions and maybe a 20mm axle.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
how are you liking the duro? I put one on my girlfriend's hardtail cause it was insanely cheap. It's certainly stiff enough, but it does not feel very good to me. Any set up tips? I couldn't get proper sag for her (she's tiny) without taking one of the springs out, so thats how she runs it now.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Dang she must be tiny if you had to pull one of the springs. You might just wanna cut a link or two off each spring and stretch the springs to the original pre cut length.

The Duro's alright I guess, but if you factor in the price it's awesome. I picked it up new in box for $15 +$10 ship. It handles ok, but the rebound adjustability sucks. Great for messin around the beginner trails or high speed fire roads. I swap back to my J3 when ever I do some serious mileage though.