Quantcast

For Team SpeeDH

Jesus_Christ

Chimp
Aug 9, 2006
eyes up my son
Heh....."visit".......as if there's a time constraint.

So much you don't know. Magdalene was a whore only until she met me and found out what the hooplah was all about.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Old Man G Funk said:
What is "fluxaction" and why are you pointing it out? What does it have to do with anything?

And, it's pretty much all shoehorned in after the fact, once scientists have made the discoveries. Tell me, where is quantum theory in the Bible? Should we disregard that as you seem willing to do with evolution?

What is a "kind"? To my knowledge, not a single Creationist has ever really been able to define a "kind". Also, were you aware that sometimes whales are born with little feet?

Nothing in science can be "absoultly proven". If you are looking for absolute proof, then you don't understand science. Further, I find this line of reasoning to be inane. If you mean to equate science to a belief system and then have it compete with your belief system equally, then we should go ahead and let them compete on equal terms? Which "belief" system has cured diseases, given us technology, created the computer that you use to write your drivel, etc.? See the problem? Science works by the scientific method, which is a process involving both testing and verification. Your belief structure does not have that. That is why they are fundamentally different. If 2 scientists have a disagreement, they can go into the lab and figure out who is right. What happens when 2 theologians have a disagreement? It pretty much always ends in schism, with no way to resolve the argument.

No one has seen god either. I guess you have to throw your belief in god out the window now, don't you?

The fact is that no one has seen the big bang, but it left behind evidence and we can put that evidence together to piece together what happened. I'm not sure what "chemical evo" is, but if you are referring to abiogenesis, then that is an area that we currently don't know a lot about. We know that life arose somehow, however, and that evolution took over from there. We have been watching the skies for a long time and have seen stars born and die, and it's not a big leap to conclude how planets come about. What is "organic evo" and how is that supposedly different from biological evolution? Macro evo has already been dealt with by quite a few links I've given you; it's nice to know that you don't even look at the pages that I dig up for your edification.

I do have to ask, how do you think forensics works? When a forensic scientist comes to a crime scene, he hasn't seen what happened, but can piece together what happened by examining evidence in the room. By your standard, forensics is a bunch of hooey. I suppose we should let out quite a few criminals who have been unfairly prosecuted over bogus science?

Factually incorrect and it shows a depressing ignorance of what science is. You really have no clue what you are talking about. Science is the process of gaining knowledge about the natural world around us through a specific process. Simply put, that process, called the Scientific Method, is a method of observation, hypothesis, testing, re-testing, verification, and so on. Evolution has been tested and re-tested for over 150 years now and has been verified.

It is evidence for evolution, but not the only evidence. Many fields provide independent evidence for evolution, and they all happen to point to the same conclusions. Imagine that.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CD/CD101.html

Who is "they" and please provide evidence that "they" are finding trees that are 'upside down going though "millions of years" worth of rock'.

Also, layers are dated through radioactive dating methods, which are very accurate.

Yet, you cling to specific examples and misrepresent.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC080.html

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/mauer.html

What's the problem with Heidelberg man?

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC002.html

Nebraska man was a mistake, and it was evolutionary scientists and paleontologists who figured out what the bone really was. It wasn't Creationists, but scientists. That kinda makes your claim that scientists are making things up hard to believe, because they were honest about that. Further, the scientist who found the bone never definitively declared that it was a hominid fossil (he thought it might be,) but the press sure did, which helped lead to the confusion.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC001.html

Piltdown man was a hoax that was never fully accepted in the scientific community, and yet again it was evolutionary scientists and paleotologists that exposed it.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC061.html

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC051.html
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC051_1.html

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/bigdaddy.html

New Guinea man has never been reported to be a transitional fossil. Once again you don't have your facts straight.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/cromagnon.html

Again, I wonder what your problem is with Cro-magnon man.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC050.html
Whatever do you mean by "ALL made up?" They do exist, with the exception of Piltdown which is a known hoax and Nebraska which was a mistake, both of which were cleared up by scientists performing science.

What about all the other thousands of hominid fossils? I see you completely ignore all of those. So, not only are you misrepresenting the fossils you do acknowledge, but you are misrepresenting the number of fossils.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CE/CE420.html

Are you upset that science changes as new information is found? If so, it once again shows how truly ignorant you are about science.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB701.html
You seem to have huge amounts of time to respond to my posts like this. Anyways lets get one thing straight. If you keep attacking me and calling God and myself a foolish liar every 5 seconds then i'm done with this. I rest you, I expect the same. You run your mouth, yet talk in circles youself. So far all that you have done is bad mouth God and myself but you cant seem to see that because your so egear to tear God apart through me, I can see it now. And that site that you keep quoting, i've been to it many times and it talks in circles like i've seen before. It may speak of modern day scientific things, but there's no Proof that it took "millions" of years and the idea of the evolution process to produce it all.
And by Kind It means what it means "kind" is a variation within the same group of things, like different kinds of dogs, cats, birds and anything else. A Boxxer is a kind of fork.. but overall it's still a fork

As far as evidence for the flood, it's all over. As the description goes, God broke open the fountains of the deep, creating the fault lines you can see on google earth. And the canopy of water that was held up by the earths magnetic field was broke open to cause the harsh rain for 40 days. God even gives the exact messurement to how high the water was above the tallest mountain, 15 cubits (your elbow to your fingertip) Thats also why the dragons, serpents or (dinosaurs 1841) if you will died off because the atmosphere was very weakend and was not as supportive as the pre flood world.
And last thing, again I dont deny science itself in the right definition or it's process, I deny that evolution brought it all here under lawless conditions. And by that I mean the laws of the universe gravity inertia and so fourth. 2nd law of thermodynamics: ALL matter can not create or destroy itself... cool so WHO made all this matter we now see and can understand?
who ever said, "Man goes to Great lengths to deny his maker" sure said it well. these debates prove it.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Team SpeeDH said:
As far as evidence for the flood, it's all over. As the description goes, God broke open the fountains of the deep, creating the fault lines you can see on google earth. And the canopy of water that was held up by the earths magnetic field was broke open to cause the harsh rain for 40 days. God even gives the exact messurement to how high the water was above the tallest mountain, 15 cubits (your elbow to your fingertip) Thats also why the dragons, serpents or (dinosaurs 1841) if you will died off because the atmosphere was very weakend and was not as supportive as the pre flood world.
And last thing, again I dont deny science itself in the right definition or it's process, I deny that evolution brought it all here under lawless conditions. And by that I mean the laws of the universe gravity inertia and so fourth. 2nd law of thermodynamics: ALL matter can not create or destroy itself... cool so WHO made all this matter we now see and can understand?
who ever said, "Man goes to Great lengths to deny his maker" sure said it well. these debates prove it.
Sorry, I'm still not clear where enough water to flood the entire planet came from, or where it went. All the water in the atmosphere (which isn't 'held up my earth's magnetic field btw) plus all the frozen water is still nothing like enough to do the job. Not even close. You said we can't create or destroy matter, so where did it come from?

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Changleen said:
Sorry, I'm still not clear where enough water to flood the entire planet came from, or where it went. All the water in the atmosphere (which isn't 'held up my earth's magnetic field btw) plus all the frozen water is still nothing like enough to do the job. Not even close. You said we can't create or destroy matter, so where did it come from?

On the 9th day gods bladder was rather full..........:rolleyes:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Team SpeeDH said:
Thats also why the dragons, serpents or (dinosaurs 1841) if you will died off because the atmosphere was very weakend and was not as supportive as the pre flood world.
The preferred nomenclature is "Jesus Horses"

I should let you know I've changed my mind on something rather major due to you: I'm totally in favor of school vouchers now. If stupid people want to have stupid children, who am I to stand in the way? I used to think that segregating the Jesus freaks was a bad idea. Not anymore...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Silver said:

I should let you know I've changed my mind on something rather major due to you: I'm totally in favor of school vouchers now. If stupid people want to have stupid children, who am I to stand in the way. I used to think that segregating the Jesus freaks was a bad idea. Not anymore...

I was thinking more along the lines of building a colosseum getting some cats.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
Team SpeeDH said:
You seem to have huge amounts of time to respond to my posts like this.
Don't flatter yourself. Your posts contain mostly old, refuted Creationist cannards. It takes me little time to cut and paste the relevant pages that refute you.
Anyways lets get one thing straight. If you keep attacking me and calling God and myself a foolish liar every 5 seconds then i'm done with this.
Where have I attacked god? I challenge you to find one place where I have attacked god. And, I have called your arguments lies because that is what they are. You have also represented yourself as someone who has taken classes on evolution, so you should know evolution better than you do. You either lied when you said you knew all about evolution, or you are misrepresenting what it is. Is there another alternative?
I rest you, I expect the same.
You will get my respect as soon as you start purporting yourself in a way that merits it. So far that has not been the case. Your shattershot tactics, misrepresentations, etc. are unbecoming of anyone. If you want to actually debate with actual evidence and stuff, then let's get to it.

By the way, I have asked numerous questions and you have failed to answer most of them if not all of them. Instead you just make more and more assertions that go unsupported. That is also not how debate works.
You run your mouth, yet talk in circles youself. So far all that you have done is bad mouth God and myself but you cant seem to see that because your so egear to tear God apart through me, I can see it now.
Once again, I challenge you to find where I have bad mouthed god.
And that site that you keep quoting, i've been to it many times and it talks in circles like i've seen before. It may speak of modern day scientific things, but there's no Proof that it took "millions" of years and the idea of the evolution process to produce it all.
Perhaps you missed the fact that they back up their arguments with the peer-reviewed scientific literature?

Also, if you have a problem with the age of the Earth, you have lots of 'splaining to do. How do we receive light from stars that are billions of light years away? How can we drill down into the ice cores and accurately measure climate from millions of years ago? How is it that we can use radiometric dating methods on fossilized remains to determine the age of fossils, and we find them to be as old as they are (millions and billions of years old)?
And by Kind It means what it means "kind" is a variation within the same group of things, like different kinds of dogs, cats, birds and anything else. A Boxxer is a kind of fork.. but overall it's still a fork
So, are all birds the same kind? What about bacteria? What about plants?
And, your supporting evidence is? See, it's not enough to say that there's evidence everywhere. You actually have to point some out. And, quoting Biblical passages doesn't count, nor does a description of how you think it happened. In the scientific method, the description of how you think it happened is the hypothesis. It does not also serve as evidence.

Add to that Chang's comments, as well as a question as to where all the plants went. Also add that the global flood is not consistent with geological features such as the Grand Canyon or the geological column and you've got quite a problem.
And last thing, again I dont deny science itself in the right definition or it's process, I deny that evolution brought it all here under lawless conditions.
Yes, you do deny science. By pushing a global flood you are denying geology, plate tectonics, physics, climatology, etc.
And by that I mean the laws of the universe gravity inertia and so fourth. 2nd law of thermodynamics: ALL matter can not create or destroy itself... cool so WHO made all this matter we now see and can understand?
Evolution has nothing to do with the Big Bang. If you wish to assert that god created all the matter and energy that became our universe after the big bang, go ahead. If you want to assert that god created all the physical laws of the universe, go ahead. Neither of those positions can be refuted by science, and no one is trying to refute those. It is logically suspect to assume that all matter and energy was "created" at the moment of the Big Bang, but that's for you to theologically decide if you so choose. But, know that your acceptance or rejection of god creating the matter and energy of the universe has no bearing whatsoever on the theory of evolution.
On the contrary. I don't have to deny god at all. Science works outside of the realm of religion and is disinterested in accepting or denying god. What my or your personal feelings are on the existence of god is quite literally irrelevant. Once again I find myself explaining science to you. Science is the study of the natural world. Science uses what is called the "scientific method" to this end. The scientific method comprises many steps and goes something like this:
Observe, hypothesize, test, consider, re-hypothesize (if necessary), re-test and verify, conclude. God/religion is outside of the scope of science, as science seeks only to investigate the natural world, and god/religion are supernatural in nature. Thus, god is outside of the realm of science. Science can neither prove nor disprove god.

Evolution is the biological theory for how the variations we see in different life forms here on Earth came about through mutations and selection from a common ancestor. Evolution does not concern itself with god, and is disinterested in proving or disproving god. Really, you should know this stuff if you are as knowledgable as you say.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Team SpeeDH said:
Ha ha freakin Ha ha.

I was always the dutiful son and went to church every sunday with my parents. I went to a pretty liberal Presbyterian church and never had much complaint about it. One week in Sunday school, I was probably in high school by then, we had this guy come in and start teaching us about Revelations, doom, gloom, 7 horsemen of the apocalypse and all that crap. I thought it was pretty comical so I went along with it for awhile. Somehow we got off on a tangent and started talking about all this flood mumbo jumbo. I laughed in the Sunday school teachers face and got up and walked out. I really haven't been back to church since besides the occasional Easter / Christmas gambit to make my parents happy.

I said it to him and I'll say it to you... I think you are f'n nuts and there is no use even arguing about it because I will always think you are nuts.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Thought you'd like this, from China's Xinhua:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2006-08/12/content_4953584.htm

Low public acceptance of evolution theory in US
www.chinaview.cn 2006-08-12 17:23:00

LOS ANGELES, Aug. 11 (Xinhua) -- After years of debate, about one-third of the U.S. population does not believe in evolution, a figure that is the highest in the world's developed countries, a study published Friday on the journal Science said.

The study, conducted by the researchers at the Michigan State University, found that the U.S. public is equally divided when it comes to accepting or rejecting the statement "Human beings, as weknow them, developed from earlier species of animals."

By comparison, more adults in Japan and the 32 European countries accept the theory of evolution and in Scandinavian countries up to 80 percent accept the theory, the study said.

Only adults in Turkey, a predominantly Muslim country, were less likely to accept the concept of evolution than U.S. adults.

There were several reasons for the low acceptance in the U.S. public, the researchers said, adding that the most significant factor was the influence of fundamentalist religions.

"The total effect of fundamentalist religious beliefs on the attitude toward evolution was nearly twice as much in the United States," said Jon Miller, a professor at the Michigan State University who led the study.

"Individuals who hold a strong belief in a personal God -- and who pray frequently -- were significantly less likely to view evolution as probably or definitely true than adults with less conservative religious views," he added.

In addition, the issue of evolution has become highly politicized in the United States, with the Republican Party in particular often using it as a test for possible candidates for office.

"There is no major political party in Europe and Japan that uses opposition to evolution as a part of its political ambition," Miller said. "In the United States, there are people who think it is a political advantage to discount evolution."

In addition, the researchers found that persons with strong pro-life beliefs were significantly more likely to reject evolution than those with pro-choice views.

"The total effect of pro-life attitudes on the acceptance of evolution was much greater in the United States than in the nine European countries surveyed," Miller said.

A lack of genetic literacy on the part of many American adults also plays a role, the researchers added.

For example, only a third of U.S. adults agree that more than half of human genes are identical to those of mice, and only 38 percent of adults recognize that humans have more than half of their genes in common with chimpanzees.

"These results should be troubling for (U.S.) science educators at all levels," the researchers said, adding that the growing number of adults who are uncertain about these ideas suggests the current science instruction in the United States is not effective.Enditem

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
Changleen said:
Yeah, I saw that study.

Did you catch what one of the big wigs at the DI said about it? He explained it by saying that America has more freedom than those other countries to question the reigning paradigm. So, I wonder how that works for Turkey.

The sad fact is that there is a lot of ignorance out there, and there's a lot of people willing to exploit it for personal and/or political gain that are more than willing to perpetuate that ignorance.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Silver said:

I should let you know I've changed my mind on something rather major due to you: I'm totally in favor of school vouchers now. If stupid people want to have stupid children, who am I to stand in the way? I used to think that segregating the Jesus freaks was a bad idea. Not anymore...
Nice avatar, seems to be quite popular
http://www.viperalley.com/forum/anything-goes/46987-umm-errrr.html

"Jesus freak" come on now :rolleyes:

Anyways dont give yourself too much credit there. My point was to answer the claim that dinosaurs are not mentioned in scripture. The word "dinosaur" didnt come around until 1841, long after the bible was completed. "Dinosaurs" are reffered to as dragons, serpents or as in Job 40:15-24 "Behemoth". Their mentioned many times throughout it's pages, especially in Daniel.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Team SpeeDH said:
Nice avatar, seems to be quite popular
http://www.viperalley.com/forum/anything-goes/46987-umm-errrr.html

"Dinosaurs" are reffered to as dragons, serpents or as in Job 40:15-24 "Behemoth". Their mentioned many times throughout it's pages, especially in Daniel.
Thanks.

So God, who has control over everything, can't bother to have his translators put the word "Dinosaur" in the Bible? God's not too good about the details, is he?

Anyways, now seems like a great time to link to some Bill Hicks:

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Silver said:
Thanks.

So God, who has control over everything, can't bother to have his translators put the word "Dinosaur" in the Bible? God's not too good about the details, is he?

Anyways, now seems like a great time to link to some Bill Hicks:

He control's, but people can still make their own choices. Someone can go jump off a roof but does it do them any good? Anyways i'm sure one of the revised versions has the word "dinosaur" used in place of the origional language used in older ones.
As far as details go.. He's more then got that covered.
Oh... about my first comment above, the reason He controls but we can still do what we choose is because this earth/life is on a "Lease".
Just like a leased car, you do what you want while you have it. After, you return it and it's inspected (judged) and you pay for anything broken on it. Well He's the dealership and were the car With damage.. when inspection comes, Christ acts as the insurance company that takes that payment of the damage in your place. So it skips over the person even though it would have been there otherwise without Him.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Team SpeeDH said:
He control's, but people can still make their own choices.
So which is it? Is God in control, or do people get to make their own choices?

This isn't really the place where you want to make a glib one line philosophical assertion, btw...

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
Team SpeeDH said:
Oh... about my first comment above, the reason He controls but we can still do what we choose is because this earth/life is on a "Lease".
Just like a leased car, you do what you want while you have it. After, you return it and it's inspected (judged) and you pay for anything broken on it. Well He's the dealership and were the car With damage.. when inspection comes, Christ acts as the insurance company that takes that payment of the damage in your place. So it skips over the person even though it would have been there otherwise without Him.
Just to make sure I understand, Christ insures us against an angry God for all the carp we have funked up in our lives?

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
So, Team SpeeDH, can I take it that you've abandoned trying to debate anything and have instead decided to proselytize?

If you wish to assert that dinosaurs lived with man, you will have many things to explain. Couple that with the assertion of a Noachian flood and there's ever more to explain.

1. Dinosaur fossils - how does that work? Why do we date them to be millions of years old?

2. Why do we not find dinosaur and human fossils side by side? In fact, there is a 64 million year gap between all dinosaur fossils and the first homonim fossils.

3. How did they fit on the ark?

4. How did they die off? I know you said something about it in a previous comment, but I'd like to see what scientific evidence you have for your assertion that the atmosphere changed. Also, I'd like to know why it did not similarly affect other organisms.

Additionally, have you given up on my challenge to find one place where I attacked god? I'm still waiting, or was that just another assertion that will go unsupported? You're not doing very well over here.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
The flood myth comes from earlier sources as well. Abraham was born in Ur (according to the Bible) where the Sumerian religious tradition was prominent. That would include their flood mythology.

Anyway, Team SpeeDH, have you given up or are you just looking for evidence of something....anything?

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
The flood myth comes from earlier sources as well. Abraham was born in Ur (according to the Bible) where the Sumerian religious tradition was prominent. That would include their flood mythology.

Anyway, Team SpeeDH, have you given up or are you just looking for evidence of something....anything?
Hey everyone, no lol i have not "given up" in the least. I've been busy with the team, then my internet had to be fixed. And now with the sudden death of a friend I will be out again. I will see if I get some time to respond to everything on here. As far as being a "myth" please, do you know almost every culture from Hawaiins to Japanese and Chinese have some kind of flood story that comes out around the same dates as the biblical one with Noah. Also that is where the big divide comes in... What evolutinist try to say that took "millions of years" happend in that flood. The atmosphere was completely torn up from what it was, the earth was spit open in sections ( now falt lines) called in the bible "fountains of the deep". People dont realize the level of violence that flood wrenched on the earth, it wasnt just a few "hard rains". Thats why all over their finding more and more "dinosaur and human remains together. One example is in Glyn rose texas in a river bed, both dinosaur and human foot tracks were found imbeded in the same path under the lime stone. And going back to the destroyed atmospheric condition after the flood is why you dont see dinosaurs today... it simply cant support an animal that large anymore. Your know the whole gold fish in a bowl thing... their size is limited to their enviorment. Take the gold fiish out and they grow much larger. We had one in our home pond that was a good 5 or 6 inches long.
Anyways I have to go for now
Even at the loss of my friend and others God IS Good.... always

Chris
Team SpeeDH

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
You seem to have huge amounts of time to respond to my posts like this. Anyways lets get one thing straight. If you keep attacking me and calling God and myself a foolish liar every 5 seconds then i'm done with this. I rest you, I expect the same. You run your mouth, yet talk in circles youself. So far all that you have done is bad mouth God and myself but you cant seem to see that because your so egear to tear God apart through me, I can see it now. And that site that you keep quoting, i've been to it many times and it talks in circles like i've seen before. It may speak of modern day scientific things, but there's no Proof that it took "millions" of years and the idea of the evolution process to produce it all.

Wow, that is the absolute biggest load of crap I have ever heard. So you are telling me you can't "believe" evolution due to lack of proof, but you will believe that drivel that has absolutely ZERO basis in factual data (or sceince fiction for that matter)?

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Wow, that is the absolute biggest load of crap I have ever heard. So you are telling me you can't "believe" evolution due to lack of proof, but you will believe that drivel that has absolutely ZERO basis in factual data (or sceince fiction for that matter)?
You personally disagreeing with me is proof then? See were both looking at the same evidences, it comes down to what the point is. Evolution has to be believed because it has never been seen before. It's based on idea's and speculation from current exsisting material. Where as a creationist would say that God made it, and it has a purpose, like humans. Were more then sludge that washed up on a beach millions of years ago. If you see a watch thats evidence of a watch MAKER, if you see a frame thats evidence of a frame BUILDER, if you see a creation (universe/earth) thats evidence of a CREATOR. But that chapps peoples rear "we wanna do what we wanna do and answer to know one" is what it seems comes down to many times.
I'm just glad he gave us a second chance with his son Christ.
If someone stole your brand new 5K ride you just built, would you give them a second chance? Especially if they claimed "ohh you didnt build the bike like you said, it was just here so I decided to take it" Ignorant of him to say or claim right? Because he was not there when you built it, but fact is you did so. Well thats pretty much the same thing were saying to the makers face today, so how long would you tolorate that?
Give credit where credit is do is what i'm saying.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
So you personally disagreeing with me is proof then? See were both looking at the same evidences, it comes down to what the point is. Evolution has to be believed because it has never been seen before. It's based on idea's and speculation from current exsisting material. Where as a creationist would say that God made it, and it has a purpose, like humans. Were more then sludge that washed up on a beach millions of years ago. If you see a watch thats evidence of a watch MAKER, if you see a frame thats evidence of a frame BUILDER, if you see a creation (universe/earth) thats evidence of a CREATOR. But that chapps peoples rear "we wanna do what we wanna do and answer to know one" is what it seems comes down to many times.
If someone stole your brand new 5K ride you just built, would you give them a second chance? Especially if they claimed "ohh you didnt build the bike like you said, it was just here so I decided to take it" Ignorant of him to say or claim right? Because he was not there when you built it, but fact is you did so. Well thats pretty much the same thing were saying to the makers face today, so how long would you tolorate that?

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
Hey everyone, no lol i have not "given up" in the least. I've been busy with the team, then my internet had to be fixed. And now with the sudden death of a friend I will be out again. I will see if I get some time to respond to everything on here.
I'm sorry to hear about the death of your friend. My sincere condolences.
As far as being a "myth" please, do you know almost every culture from Hawaiins to Japanese and Chinese have some kind of flood story that comes out around the same dates as the biblical one with Noah.
No, the Sumerian flood myth predates the Noachian flood. The Sumerian flood myth was well known before Abraham left Ur.

Also, a not on flood myths.
Also that is where the big divide comes in... What evolutinist try to say that took "millions of years" happend in that flood. The atmosphere was completely torn up from what it was, the earth was spit open in sections ( now falt lines) called in the bible "fountains of the deep". People dont realize the level of violence that flood wrenched on the earth, it wasnt just a few "hard rains".
Sorry, but your vapor canopy idea is bunk. Try again.
Thats why all over their finding more and more "dinosaur and human remains together. One example is in Glyn rose texas in a river bed, both dinosaur and human foot tracks were found imbeded in the same path under the lime stone.
Incorrect. There are no cases of dinosaur footprints found with human footprints.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC101.html

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/paluxy/wilfig1.html
And going back to the destroyed atmospheric condition after the flood is why you dont see dinosaurs today... it simply cant support an animal that large anymore. Your know the whole gold fish in a bowl thing... their size is limited to their enviorment. Take the gold fiish out and they grow much larger. We had one in our home pond that was a good 5 or 6 inches long.
Whales?

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
You personally disagreeing with me is proof then? See were both looking at the same evidences, it comes down to what the point is. Evolution has to be believed because it has never been seen before. It's based on idea's and speculation from current exsisting material. Where as a creationist would say that God made it, and it has a purpose, like humans. Were more then sludge that washed up on a beach millions of years ago. If you see a watch thats evidence of a watch MAKER, if you see a frame thats evidence of a frame BUILDER, if you see a creation (universe/earth) thats evidence of a CREATOR. But that chapps peoples rear "we wanna do what we wanna do and answer to know one" is what it seems comes down to many times.
No one has ever seen gravity waves. No one has ever actually seen an electron. No one has ever seen any subatomic particles. No one has ever actually seen a thought. I guess none of those things exists?

BTW, no one has ever actually seen god either.

Of course, if you actually looked at the links I provide you with, you would note that this assertion has already been dealt with. Things that happen leave behind traces that CAN be observed. That is how we know about electrons, etc. and it is how we know about evolution.

Also, the watch-maker argument is not a good argument to make, considering Paley's argument was supplanted by evolution. All the examples you cite, watches, frames, etc. are objects that are known to be built by humans. So, when we see an object like that, it is fair to infer that a human built it, since we have first hand knowledge of such things. It is illogical to make the jump to biological organisms and an unknown creator that may or may not exist.
Second chance? This is straight theology and I don't really want to go into it, but upon close inspection of the scriptures one will note that humans were set up to fail. We never got a first chance.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
No one has ever seen gravity waves. No one has ever actually seen an electron. No one has ever seen any subatomic particles. No one has ever actually seen a thought. I guess none of those things exists?
I already see where your going with these "you cant see the wind" examples. God has pr-oven Himself more then enough times, once again it comes down to people's personal unbelief. If God really didn't exist then it should have been a settled argument years ago or better yet it would never have been an argument in the first place since it would be an absolute reality.
Then again how do you prove the non existence of something?

BTW, no one has ever actually seen god either.

Of course, if you actually looked at the links I provide you with, you would note that this assertion has already been dealt with. Things that happen leave behind traces that CAN be observed. That is how we know about electrons, etc. and it is how we know about evolution.
So says YOU...

Exodus 33: 21-23: Then the LORD said, "There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen."

John 14:9
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Besides those 2 passages what about the many books of after human death experiences and how all of them are either heaven or hellish like? I remember seeing one book that hundreds of separate accounts of them from different people, Including a friend of mine that ended up in a hospital and had one of angels visiting her to say that God loved her and it was not her time to see Him yet but to finish taking care of her family.

Anyways yes I agree to a point that things leave behind traces to be observed. What I'm saying is evolution didn't make those traces, the creator did like He said. Speaking of that where did all the knowledge suddenly come from to make and keep all those electrons in good order anyways?

Also, the watch-maker argument is not a good argument to make, considering Paley's argument was supplanted by evolution. All the examples you cite, watches, frames, etc. are objects that are known to be built by humans. So, when we see an object like that, it is fair to infer that a human built it, since we have first hand knowledge of such things. It is illogical to make the jump to biological organisms and an unknown creator that may or may not exist.
Right.. meaning they never would have existed unless something (humans) made it because is raw physical material that cant put itself together just like any other currently existing matter with out order behind it. The universe is no different Something has to be there to make just like the frame, it doesn't make itself.. and THIS is where the denial comes in. I think in most part people deny Him because of the guidelines He set that come with it... you know "Thou shall NOT"and all the rest. In other words it interferes with their sinful life styles, so they eagerly look for any way to deny He exists and evolution is about as far as you can get for that.

Psalm 14:1
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

Second chance? This is straight theology and I don't really want to go into it, but upon close inspection of the scriptures one will note that humans were set up to fail. We never got a first chance.
Oh we got a big first chance alright. Everything was made perfect and 100% free and provided. They made their own choice because they were already told. If I told you don't steal my bike, but you go and do it anyway... well there's a consequence for that, just like for them. They were given perfect opportunity and failed. So He gave the law to let them know how to stay out of trouble. Then went a step further and allowed His own son to be killed in peoples place to reconnect what was lost by disobedience, as a free gift. And gave the church as a guide until He returns. If people still refuse to listen then hey He gave everything He had and then some.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Sweet, he's back.

Resurrecting the thread like the Lord Jesus, himself.

*popcorn, legs up, hand tucked gently in waistband*

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Let's recap:

- Creationism vs. Evolution
- Carbon dating is crap because He makes the results say what people want
- There really was a really big flood....but all the water went away...into the earth....
- After death experiences are chronicled?? I feel the Grudge 3 coming on.... I think you mean near death stories, brought back from the light and all that. I've hit my head pretty hard before, I've seen stars. I guess this was God saying to me that it wasn't my time yet. I should've listened for the choir.
- I now understand religious extremism a bit better, thank you.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Sweet, he's back.

Resurrecting the thread like the Lord Jesus, himself.

*popcorn, legs up, hand tucked gently in waistband*
Between managing my Team and other things I have been very busy. And I respond when time permits.

Hotdamn, the insanity continues. Susan Powter would be ashamed.
It's a debate, but an important one so thats why I keep it going. Give credit where it's due. If were going to ride our bikes on His earth I figured we should at least thank Him for making all the stuff people build their jumps/transitions/bike parks and skate parks on.

And for me:
"If someone asks of you why you believe in Me, be able to give them an account on why you do"

So I do.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Let's recap:

- There really was a really big flood....but all the water went away...into the earth....
- After death experiences are chronicled?? I feel the Grudge 3 coming on.... I think you mean near death stories, brought back from the light and all that. I've hit my head pretty hard before, I've seen stars. I guess this was God saying to me that it wasn't my time yet. I should've listened for the choir.
Now that's a good-time recap right there. So if the water went into ther earth, should I be worried about drowning if i step on a crack? I mean, I don't swim so good...

Remember folks: Scientific fact (which can be proven and reproduced) is not to be believed. Gibberish about an omnipotent being should be, as it was in a work of science fiction from 2000 years ago which has been translated a few hundred times.

Clearly, not all religious folks all this gullible, just the ones desperately clinging to something to make their lives worthwhile.

I especially love when Christians slag on Scientologists for being "nuts".

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Oh nice... first you Church of Global Warming zealots chase off AndyMan1970 and now you try to do the same to DH'er....

How 'accepting' of you, you liberal hypocrites.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Let's recap:

moreover:
there seems to be an attempt to engage debate with a highly flawed premise: that what is held as absolute authority within is equally recognized throughout.

that is, speedh says "look at my god", while omgf says "look at (his) stuff"

without having read the first few hundred posts here, lemme weigh in w/ what troubles me w/ my ilk: there is acknowledgement of natural selection where it can be observed or explained, but where it cannot (because of our temporary intellectual progress) it is attributed to just god. but, why cannot god be both attributed and explained, without dismissing the god-given gifts of secular/humanist/satan-worshipping scientists by theological fiat?

if evidence is demonstrable, accept it; lean into it. just because it is at odds with your belief system (which by very definition never fully matures), be willing to live with an unresolved explanation for what may very well be a long time.

shall we now demand ridicule be heaped upon us?