Quantcast

For Immediate Release : NEMA Introduces Digital Music Player Integrated Into Mountain

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
NEMA Introduces A World First: Digital Music Player Integrated Into Mountain Bike Short - The Worlds First MP3 Enabled Chamois

HUNTINGTON BEACH , CA, July 14, 2004 -- NEMA Vital Garments today announced the introduction of the Crown Jewel Rammer, the world's first cycling short with an integrated digital music player. NEMA will launch the Crown Jewel Rammer at Interbike 2004 for the 2005 Spring selling season. CJ Rammer will be available through a limited number of authorized NEMA dealers and via it's website.

"NEMA believes that the timing is right to release a mountain bike short which provides digital stimulation while riding," said Larry East, NEMA's Director of Advanced Chamois Research. "NEMA remains on the forefront of product development and by integrated Rammer chamois technology into our top selling Crown Jewel short, we now offer a new sensory experience while ripping down singletrack.

"CJ Rammer 'reinvents the experience of on-the-go music'," said Larry East, quoting a guy how knows about on-the-go music. "The audio circuitry is integrated into the underside of the chamois providing additional comfort for your epic rides. The headphone cord enters the short through the front venting and plugs directly into the chamois."

Rammer supports only digital sound foregoing analog technology completely. The integrated circuitry features a 36-bit soundboard for high quality output. The 90MHz processor is optimized for rugged riding conditions and surrounded by a low-density elastomer cushion. Volume, track selection and power are controlled via a three-button interface located inside the right hand pocket.

The new device supports MP3, MP4, OGG and DAT file formats. Its 22GB or 46GB HD provide plenty of space for digital music collections. File transfer is completed with a simple "push n' pull" program based on Winamp technology and USB 2.0 connection cord. Powered by tiny metallic pieces of metal, a fully charged chamois has a playback time of 15 hours depending on ride time and internal temperature. For added convenience, NEMA includes a user manual and CD with software with each short sold.

[

[

If CJ Rammer is successful, NEMA has plans to bring to market a chamois which supports Sony's Minidisc platform and DVD playback for pre-Holiday 2005 release.

The suggested retail price of the CJ Rammer is $295.00 with 22GB of memory and $345.00 with 46GB of memory.

About NEMA :

Based in Huntington Beach Cali4ornia, NEMA Vital Garments is the premier mountain bike apparel manufacturer for all riders. Made up of a core group of pro and amateur racers, music maniacs, and fashion forward individuals, NEMA strives to design, test, and deliver products which fuse function and style. Since 1994, NEMA has focused on the performance needs of the everyday rider and the tough demands of the hard-core competitor. Patterning, fabrics, ventilation technology create Deluxe Threads Crafted For The Epic Adventure.

Larry East, Director of Advanced Chamois Technology
888 NEMA USA (636.2872)
Our blog is updated every thirty minutes :: www.nema-usa.com

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
ouch so let down, i was fooled by the title "NEMA Introduces Digital Music Player Integrated Into Mountain " i thought someone had made some sort of mp3 wireless hotspot at a bike park.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
SuspectDevice said:
a mountain bike short which provides digital stimulation while riding,"

who needs digital stimulation? just ride with no seat :eek:
it took me a little while to figure out if this was real. cool i guess, but it's IN the chamois? it must be really really really thin.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
squarewheels said:
who needs digital stimulation? just ride with no seat :eek:
it took me a little while to figure out if this was real. cool i guess, but it's IN the chamois? it must be really really really thin.
Maybe you need a little while longer...................... :help: ;)

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
nicklin said:
why not just strap a boom box onto the downdube of your dh rig, it would look semi-Shimano Airline-ish and turn heads while enjoying old school music experience....
A ghetto blaster duct taped to your shoulder armor would be more freeridish, and remeniscent of the days of dragging around a cardboard box so you could break dance whenever you got the urge.

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
The oakley sunglass/mp3 player i could see fitting under a fullface. This thing you'd be biking without a helmet.. No thanks