Quantcast

Foaming of Open Bath

bikesair

Chimp
Jun 30, 2009
San Luis Obispo CA
Open bath systems like Fox's R cartridge and Marzocchi's seem like they would be very prone to foaming. As you jump and roll through rock gardens why do you not create tons of foam :confused:

It seems like you would just be foaming the heck out of your oil causing all sorts of inconstancy.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Are we getting a CR1 or elka plug going here LOL....

Open bath will foam a bit, keep the cart under fluid when comrpessed and assembling this helps avoid that and then the fact that the fork goes under pressure when compressed matched with anti foam properties Im sure plays a role in minimizing it...

Im sure a sealed cart nitro charged foams a bit as well, no different still oil trying to pass through a small orofice at a high speed, theres bound to be some turbulence with it...

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
i guess the air bubbles that you get when you change the fluid aren't considered foam. so i guess they don't affect the damping at all.
I have air bubbles in my gut after drinking! They arent foam but the pressure inside matched with my testicular damping causes them to compress would be foam and it proceeds its life as a fart with no foam! God forbid there be foam in my shorts Id make a run to the Dr.s or atleast down my leg!!!:eek:

So the real question is "DO WE NEED ANTIFOAM BEER!!!"

Last edited: