Quantcast

Flying with a DH bike? (Case reccomendations)

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I've convinced the Wife that this years vacation will be to Whistler!
WOOHOO!!

Now I just have to get a bike up there with me.
Does anyone have any experience flying with a DH bike?
Will a standard Trico case work, or are DH bikes too big for it?

What do you use?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i had quite a bit of trouble fitting in even a stinky with a double crown in my old trico. if they have a larger version, go for it

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I got my Yeti into a Trico case a couple of times. It was close. But it fit. (Small yeti...med all other brands).

I removed the fork from the clamps (upper/lower crowns). Everything just kinda laid into place.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I wouldn't recommend it, the weight and lack of wings will probably keep it from getting off the ground.

Jm_ said:
I wouldn't recommend it, the weight and lack of wings will probably keep it from getting off the ground.

Yeah, can never get the damned things up to takeoff speed either. Good thing they come with wheels...maybe "rolling with a DH bike? (Case reccomendations) might be mo'bettah.

Actually I do travel quite a bit with my DH bike. I've successfully packed and flown with two DH bikes packed in a Trisport case - one of these: http://www.trisports.com/triall3sporv1.html Of course the airlines just love it when I show up so pack it tight 'cause they're gonna mess with it.