Quantcast

Flex question on my Marzocchi MXC.....

carguy

Chimp
Aug 14, 2002
I have a Kona Bear that came with the Marzocchi MXC 100mm fork. I've had the bike for about 9 months and its my first suspension bike. I love everything about it but I'm just wondering how much fork flex is normal. I know that Marzocchi has some of the stronger forks out there, but when I get on the front brakes I can watch the fork move in toward the frame a little and it also vibrates while doing so. I was told its normal, but just wanted to make sure. Oh, for those that don't know it has disc brakes, and I was wondering if that is the reason...due to the fact that the breaking forces are all centered down by the hub?

carguy

Chimp
Aug 14, 2002
Originally posted by ATN
For a marzocchi EXR that sounds normal. Check the security of the stanchions into the crown though, that is where most 2002 Zokes go.
Cool, thanks man.;)

pull the bike up in the air with the front wheel off the ground, and the rear wheel on the ground with the brake locked, move the handlebars around, rock them foward and back when turned 90 degrees, if the is a nocking or movement your headset might be loose. if you know how to tighten it, tighten it, if you dont, have your lbs do it.