Quantcast

Five Ten Barron Freeride Shoes ????

Zaphoid

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
Hey,

Going through my riding gear and figure its time to retire my old 5-10's. Has anybody tried these or have any opinions??

Any ideas on how they will stack up against the stock impact II's I am trying to replace.

Thanks for the input.

staike

Monkey
May 19, 2011
Norway
I have had them for almost a year now and they are great! Superb grip, perfect stiffness (a tiny bit of flex but I like it). I have Impact 2's as well and I like the red Baron's better. No problems with them after 9 months on riding, they're starting to get worn both inside and outsidem, but when I need new ones I will buy them again.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I've been told the Barons are not as stiff as the Impact 2s, which is why I just bought a second (fugly, heavy, overly-wide) pair of Impact 2s.

Other dudes like the flex, but it makes my feet sore when banging out a lot of DH runs.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I've been riding mine for 18 months. Really like them.

Optimax150

Monkey
Aug 1, 2008
Japan
I like my barons a lot, they are definitely more comfortable than impacts but not as stiff. I plan to try the mcaskills next.
The mcaskills look good, along with the new freeride pro, both has a stiffer sole. But one thing is the lack of ankle protection. I run my feet pretty close to the crank arms.