Quantcast

First day of vacation.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
And back!!

Didn't try the Sandpiper, however, we did go to Splash twice in Pismo Beach. Their clam chowder is excellent, and the calamari/fries is one of my favorites. Had a GrubHub delivery, and though the food was good, the driver forget utensils, though we made due. Our view? Nothing like watching the sunset from our balcony jacuzzi! Shell Beach was a pleasant treat, too, just driving around and checking things out.

Up Highway 1, quick stop by Hearst Castle for pics, and then the elephant seal view. Those suckers are huge!! And the snorting they do is amazing. Arrived in Pacific Grove and stayed at the Rosedale Inn. Shopping, dining, and just taking in the views. Dinner one night was at Abalonetti's on Monterey Wharf, and the seals were in abundance! Watching them crawl over each other, and their barking was loud! After dinner, we walked along the foot path a bit, checking out more seals, and at one point, we must've been about 3 feet from them. What a night!

Rosedale Inn had a few resident deer, and we were greeted by them each day. The 7-point buck was awesome to watch!

I sure hope these pics post, as verbal description just doesn't do our trip justice..... (ok, after several tries, I get the "pic too big to post" message. Please help!)