Quantcast

Finally rode my 11 Turner DHR!

MTBAlex

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
Campbell, CA
After a long winter and some wait for parts, i was able to build up the dream build bike that I wanted. Check out the 2011 Turner DHR!! According to the bathroom scale the weight is 35lbs even.

Attachments

MTBAlex

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
Campbell, CA
Today, I went out for the first time this season and the DHR got its first taste of dirt. The bike does not disappoint. Super plush! One thing I also noticed that it is very responsive and very flickable.

I still got the new bike love going and had to give it a little shower after the ride. haha.

Attachments

MTBAlex

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
Campbell, CA
35lbs according to the bath room scales.

Got twenty6 prerunner Ti
SDG Fly Ti
Stan No Tubes flow laced to Hope Pro II
All mtn tires right now, not DH for trail riding
Formula The One 200mm/160mm
Point 1 Racing DM stem
X.9 shifter
X.0 short derailleur
e13 LF1+
e13 34 chain ring

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Great build and a great looking bike. I think black is the best color ive seen on those frames.

MTBAlex

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
Campbell, CA
I didn't like the looks until I saw them in person. They actually look really good, especially the black.
Yea, same deal here. Pictures doesn't do it justice. When you see it in person and the tubing and all the details, it really is a beautiful bike.

cowman

Monkey
Oct 17, 2004
Seattle, WA
Thats a sweet bike and very close to a dream build for me as well. My dream builds don't have Kenda tires on them though...

MTBAlex

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
Campbell, CA
Just had my second ride on the DHR and getting use to it. It is awesome with the Fox 40. The front wheel tracks flawlessly over roots, rocks, and is glued to the ground. On steep sections, it was very easy to get behind the rear wheel and super stable. I'm loving it. A few more rides, and I should be ripping.