Quantcast

Finally a real complete race bike....stock!

Cooke

Chimp
Apr 1, 2008
http://devinci.com/bikes/browse#3_3_54

That is by far the nicest lookin stock bike I have ever seen. Curious to see the weight on that peice. Even when you get the highest end bikes stock, theres always little pieces here and there you have to change (seat, bars, pedals...etc) but this one looks perfect Race Ready!

what u think?

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
No offense, but Truvativ cranks, stem, bar and post? Not a complete race ready machine in my book. Other than that not too bad.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Not that Truvativ parts are bad....But most the weight weenies on this forum will rip those cranks off before throwing a leg over.

I do belive teh sesion comes closer to a race ready out of th bike box.

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
In my opinion, the SRAM 951 complete bike is a much nicer stock race bike.

EDIT: The 951 doesn't have as much bling but its probably a hell of a lot cheaper than what that Devinci is going to be priced out to be. Stock bikes shouldn't cost 7gs...Maybe I am just biased because I am all into Intense, oh well I'd rather a 951.

Last edited:

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I have to wonder how many of you naysayers are elite World Cup-level racers. There is nothing about that bike that isn't race-worthy.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
It's not the parts that I would pick for the most part but it is definitely a race ready machine. You can put that bike on a lift and race that for sure.

Like it was said above, the weight weenies will say no, like me, however with a few parts changes you will have a "lightweight", ready rig.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
What is not race ready about a direct mount stem, 31" bar, and external bearing cranks?
ABsolutly nothing. The op listed it as a bike that is a race spec bike, you dont need to change anything right out of the box......Most, like myself, were just pointing out, that its only race ready out of the box for some, not for others.

Personally, I love the howitzer system, a good mix of my favorite new, with classic old.

I have to wonder how many of you naysayers are elite World Cup-level racers. There is nothing about that bike that isn't race-worthy.

I agree, and at the same niether is there anything wrong witht he demo8 out of the box, nor a session, nor a glory...........Just people all have there preferances, and no matter how race ready, someone will want to change it.

verticult

Chimp
Jan 7, 2005
I slipped on a set of Truvative cranks after losing my RF parts in shipping. The have performed flawlessly to date and the shape of the arms have reduced contact with my ankle bone (my bones stick way out)

Two days ago, I took them apart for inspection and found the bearings perfect and my BB not full of water. I am not sure how they compare in weight but I have been very pleased with all other aspects.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
No offense, but Truvativ cranks, stem, bar and post? Not a complete race ready machine in my book. Other than that not too bad.
What?!?!?!?

I know lots of pros, even previous National Champions, that run Truvativ cranks and bars. I've been racing Truvativ cranks for years.

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
but come on bro-hemian rhapsody, bench racing and e-riding is where it's at! guys who build bikes they never ride, they know EVERYthing!

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
but come on bro-hemian rhapsody, bench racing and e-riding is where it's at! guys who build bikes they never ride, they know EVERYthing!
Yeah, right? Who cares if it is spec'd like most WC Pro's bikes and not with fiddly little boutique parts.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Well to each their own I guess. I have had a crappy experience with the Howitzer system. On top of that the Howitzer BB was/is uber heavy. Not sure if the OCT spline interface is better than the previous version that I used. If so then at least that is fixed. The old interface sucked balls.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Well to each their own I guess. I have had a crappy experience with the Howitzer system. On top of that the Howitzer BB was/is uber heavy. Not sure if the OCT spline interface is better than the previous version that I used. If so then at least that is fixed. The old interface sucked balls.
You know that OCT has nothing to do with the BB/crank interface, right?

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
Yeah, right? Who cares if it is spec'd like most WC Pro's bikes and not with fiddly little boutique parts.
bench racers and e-riders will always think that the bike and the components are a bigger part of the equation than the rider. that's because they rarely ride.

but they do know how to build a bike that impresses other e-riders. there should be a Wurld Kupp of E-Riding. somehow I think that PinkBike might be the home of the winning "racer", based on the original PinkBike formula of drops and gaps -- everything stated as if it were 10x bigger, higher, longer, faster than in reality.

Bench Racer 1: DOOOD, my bike is SO MUCH FASTER on my roof rack than yours is!

Bench Racer 2: NO WAY MAN, I have ceramic bearings in my bottom bracket, that guarantees I'm faster.

Bench Racer 3: HUNH-UNHHH. My unobtanium handlebar is 42" wide and that means I'm faster than Sam Hill.

Bench Racer 4: YOU GUYS ARE GHEY. I have Push tuning on my shoelaces. I win.

+++++++++++++++++

The Wilson 3 (entry level) on the linked page is plenty ready to race. Anyone who thinks he'd be slower because he used a Wilson 3 instead of a Wilson 1, that dude is screwed in the noggin.

Last edited: