Quantcast

finally a pic of me and my bike

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
been building this up for a year and a half, it has been a horror story but finally its is complete

custom geo clifcat frame
888wc ata w/ direct mount stem
juicy 7s (elixer crs coming) with hope floating rotors
gravity light cranks and platinum pro super duper cobalt something bottom bracket (dont remember exact name)
welgo mg1
odi lock ons/bar ends
lg1 with custom gold tooth mafia "banana hammock"
hope pro2 laced to 823
comp 32 front
arrow ratchet rear (comp 24 in the next week, just been lazy)
thomson elite
forgot the name but carbon and ti wtb seat
x9 shifting and derailuer
pg990 casset
roco air wc
diety bars
hope seat clamp

total weight, about 39 lbs (maybe 38, have changed seat, shock and some other small stuff)

Attachments

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
looks cool, congrats. Wasn't aware clifcat was still around.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
you need a belt :) Nice bike! I always wanted to try a Clifcat out

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Yep you're right, it is a picture of you and your bike.

How do we know it's you though:think:

Actually I didn't even know Clifcat was still around.

Last edited:

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i looked into getting one of those things but they wouldn't give a shop guy a deal. they looked like a very good bike. there were just soo many other options.

so how does it ride? not many around that is for sure.

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
... are they still around? Their site says 07:
http://www.clifcat.com/
its exactly like lahar. I was one of the last people to receive a frame. I payed for a build in august of 2007. After no responses for months, i received my frame in december (but with the wrong shock), and the build august of 2008. (had to call friends of his, post online etc). I had to file part of the swing arm b/c it mechanically bottoms out, and because of the seat angle, it has to be xc high all the time. Also, i had to get the entire linkage/bushings remade by a machine shop cause there was 28/1000 of an inch play, which translated to over a third of an inch of rear play (and cant get ahold of cifcat). Im also waiting on my floater, but dont expect it :banghead:.

anyways, its now more or less done, and actually does ride pretty nice. The mid high forward pivot makes for rolling over obsticles great. Its also really light, at less than 10lbs w/ shock. i can really easily bring the front end up too.

I had a 66 degree head angle and 14.3 bottom bracket hieght and then 8-8.5-9 inch travel options on a 3 inch stroke shock. I dont like the super low and slack new age race frames. I had a faith and loved it, so made this just a little lower and slacker, and with sag, its spot on (for me). As a comparison, i dont really like sundays (but hey, as long as i like demos now right:brows:)

to Billy's defense (owner and main/one of only guys at clifcat), he gave me some sweet deals and hooked me up with those floating rotors and a fox dhx 5.0 air for free.

and i know you guys are jealous of my great ass:busted: