Quantcast

Felipe...

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
It really sucks, but he will really be missed! It's hard to think that, we were just riding with him the previous weekend down in Ensenada!

Patrick

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Well, it’s really hard for me to put in words but I will try:

As Steph said, one of Ensenada's most talented, outgoing, friendly, loyal and passionate riders passed away on Saturday November 18th. He drowned off the coast of Baja in the small beach town of San Felipe. He was down there as part of a school field trip.

I knew Felipe Carillo for about two years. I still remember the morning he and his father walked into my shop. He was extremely excited on riding downhill and insisted that I go down to Ensenada and race. I informed him that I had been down once before and plan on going back. His father generously offered his hospitality and told me that he would cook lobster if I decided to stay with his family.

*Felipe at last week's Ensenada race.

From then on Felipe was a regular customer to the shop, just like any other kid riding DH....he would frequently purchase replacement parts for his well-used sled. Recently, Felipe had started racing in the U.S, frequenting the SRC races and our local underground races. He was always competitive and secured podium positions in the JRX categories.

I was told of Felipe passing away early Sunday morning as I arrived at the Fontana race. I had wondered why there was a lack of the usual Ensenada racers at Fontana. They had all driven home early Sunday morning almost immediately after hearing the news.

My thoughts are with Felipe's parents and family, as well as all the other Ensenada riders and friends who are devastated by this immense loss. Felipe was 18 years old.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
what a tragic loss... things like this are felt throughout a community as small as ours...