Votes: 39 36.8%
  • other (please list)

Votes: 28 26.4%

• Total voters

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Haven't heard or seen anything about these before today...where can I get me some?
They sell them mostly in speciality food stores and liquor shops around here. I think I even saw them in linens and things, but I don't know if their inventory differs by area. Blair's hot sauces are awesome too!

Found this site with google. There are tons of internet shops that sell their products.

Blair's Death Rain Potato Chips
This is it! Blair's Death Rain Potato Chips. Find out what people from around the world are screaming about (while they run around the room looking for a beverage). What a spud! Extinguisher not included! Winner "Best Chip" at the 2003 Fiery Food Challenge.

Ingredients: Select potatoes, sunflower oil and/or high oleic monounsaturated sunflower oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or corn oil and/or soybean oil, dehydrated cane juice, salt, paprika, garlic powder, spices, natural smoke flavors, habanero.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I love plain chips... Cape Cod potato chips are like crack in a bag - dark russet chips are great, as are the plain ones.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Habanero pepper has better flavor than Jalapeno IMHO.

You gotta try the Death Rain potato chips :cheers:
It depends upon the chip, of course, but the only ones I ever eat are the hot-n-spicy chips. Heat I like; uber-saltiness I can do without. Habanero chips sound great. The have ones around here "Hell-fire" flavored and those rule.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Salt and Vinegar
New York Cheddar
Wasabi
Black Pepper

Yummy.....Now I want chips.

(there is a fresh potato chip shop here where I live and they make ketchup flavored chips. Daily they have like 20 different kinds freshly made, and they let you sample them all!!)

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Salt and Vinegar
New York Cheddar
Wasabi
Black Pepper

Yummy.....Now I want chips.

(there is a fresh potato chip shop here where I live and they make ketchup flavored chips. Daily they have like 20 different kinds freshly made, and they let you sample them all!!)
Damn...those also sound good, especially the WAAAA-SAAAA-BEEEE!

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I'd kill for a bag of Mrs.Vickies Jalapeno right now, or some Old Dutch salt-n-vinegar.
Chips in Korea suck monkeyass; I get to choose either chocolate-peanut flavoured squid-balls, or cheese nacho Doritos.
Getting sick of the Doritos, but am not ready to eat squidballs yet...

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I so just yelled WAAAA-SAAAA-BEEEE out my office door. My assistant never flinched.

Wasabe chips are dangerous. You can't stop until the bag is gone, and then you feel the urge to go find more........mmmmm.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I'm generally a pretzel eater, but I love the Harvest chips too (multi-grain or cheddar or salsa) and I do enjoy the salt & vinegar chips from time to time.

We still have ketsup chips around the Saratoga Springs area.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I pretty much love whatever chips are in front of me. I get stalled in the chip isle because I can't decide. I just pace back and forth, hypnotized by all the creative chemical-salt-fat goodness.

:twitch:

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
BBQ and black pepper jack dorritos are my favorites

ketchup flavor is a canadian thing from what I've seen, I don't like them as well

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
I pretty much love whatever chips are in front of me. I get stalled in the chip isle because I can't decide. I just pace back and forth, hypnotized by all the creative chemical-salt-fat goodness.

I agree with this man. what ever is in front of my face is the chip i love at the moment.

When getting chips with lunch, salt and vinegar, or what ever new type of doritio just got released (they usually all taste the same).

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
BBQ and black pepper jack dorritos are my favorites

ketchup flavor is a canadian thing from what I've seen, I don't like them as well
Ketchup flavoured chips aren't just a Canadian thing. Kind of a ghetto thing actually. Most of the urban mini marts carry them here. When I was a little kid we used to go see Bills games at the Rockpile (War Memorial stadium) and this old black guy used to make fresh kettle chips and you could get them plain or ketchup. He used to take what seemed like watered down ketchup and actually spray it on the chips. Man they were awesome all hot and sh!t.

Dorritos suck IMO.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
After a nice long ride, sometimes a bag of Funions can really hit the spot! I know they are gross, but every now and then......
Probably not as bad as pork rinds, but I haven't tried them since I was really young :disgust1: Nothing like deep-fried chunks of pork skin.

On the otherhand, seasoned crunchy nori strips are awesome (seriously) but way too expensive :banana:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Cracklin' is better than rinds...... so yes there is something better.
I only like dried/smoked meat/fish snacks. I don't think I would touch the fried pork snacks. Fried Huhu Grubs are great though - nutty and very flavorful :cheers:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I haven't tried stinkheads, but I don't think I want to. If they are buried to well (ie no air can reach the fish), its good way to get botulism:

STINKHEADS (Alaska) A fish delicacy invented by the Yup'ik Eskimos.

Just cut the heads off several fish (traditionally salmon), bury them in the ground for the summer, then dig them up and have a chewy treat! Getting it past your nose is a serious problem, but the result is reportedly somewhat hallucinogenic.

Given that there are no natural substances that grow in the northerly parts of Alaska that can be made to produce alcohol or other mind-altering substances, it was the best they could do.

Stinkheads are often used as a rite of passage to test "gussaks" (foreigners) who claim to want know more about native culture.

Few pass the test, but the natives have a lot of fun administering it.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Mesquite BBQ... yum! I also love Cape Cod originals and Baked Lays. In non-chip favorites, Cheetos and pretzels dipped in spicy mustard (not Cheetos in mustard... just the pretzels)! :D

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Bearitos salted yellow corn tortilla chips are my favorite plain cornchips (eating some right now with some habanero salsa). I suppose sea salt olive oil chips or dark russett are my favorite plain potato chips.

manhattanprjkt, if I'm fat, I guess I'll have to slim down to Ethiopian stature to make you happy. Got any fast track plans to malnutrition :D

Eating good is nearly as important as biking ;)