Quantcast

ever have one of those days? (long rant)

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
So I take the DH rig out to just do a quick spin around town to play for a bit...

Well as I start pedaling, I realize that the rear der. is stuck in the lowest gear.. yeah for me.. ugg. Ok, fine no biggy, I'm just going for a quick spin... I'll figure it out when I get home. So I do a little stair gap, nothing big, just a few to get the bugs out. Well my bike found a bug in the rear der... freaking took the cage and yanked it past the stop. What the hell? Almost like the chain was to short or something, well it isn't.. so fine, I was able to push the cage back and at least had tension on a non-shifting der. Thanks shimano

Then I was hoping the brakes would at least set in on this little spin... but nope.. working like just sorta ok after I just replaced the o-rings and put new compression fittings on them with a fresh bleed right after. They just aren't working up to par with my other bike... Thanks hayes

Ok, well at least I can stop and move... well my boxxer is working like complete crap! I swear I could get a better fork at walmart! I love boxxers since they first came out.. best fork ever! SERIOUSLY I lived and died by boxxers... well that is up until the new 2002 boxxer came out! This thing is a load of brown stuff splatterd on the bathroom wall! I tried to work with RS on it, and of course gotta go threw a dealer.. fine, wouldn't be a problem, but the shop I bought it from (I used to work there) went under so can't go that route, and the shop I was working for after that.. well the manager was an idiot and said he lost the dealer number we have.... so I call RS and of course they have no idea what shop we are... so all in all the manager lied to me.. that shop wasn't even an RS dealer! So fine I stopped working at that shop cause they have no clue... and went to other shops in the area that I know and non of them wanted to deal with RS at the time because they were in the middle of the RS/SRAM buy out and they were a pain to do warranties with. So since then I have been stuck with this boxxer and no cash to even order parts to try and somehow fix this thing...

The only thing working great on this bike is the rear end.. still plush.. LOL

Sorry just had to rant/vent... since I rarely take out the DH rig since I have lived in IL for almost my whole life.. and was looking forward to getting it in shape for WA.. but looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer for that to happen, just have to ride the trail bike until I get some extra cash for the fixin.. haha

I should just sell the whole thing and buy an Ironhorse! God they are awsome lookin my buddy just picked one up under my recomendation.. and he's in love with that thing... Hey maybe I can beat him up and take it, he wont notice.. haha. But then again.. what if the boxxer is bad and the hayes brakes work like doodo.. well at least it'll have sram on it.. HAHA. Just wish I even had the extra cash to pick one up!

Seriously I know this isn't all the companies faults, but ugg, it's anoying to have it all crap out at once...

Oh and just to let you all know the bike has been ridden at diablo freeride park once.. and it has litterally just sat here in IL since 2002(except for the few urban spurts on it now and then to keep everything roling, so very little riding, this stuff just shouldn't break like this!

Long story short, I'll deal with it and be better off in the end, It's not the bike it's the rider! Right? YEAH... I'm gonna be fast this year I can feel it! (I mean not having to worry about shifting or braking.. man FAST :thumb: LOL)

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Get a rigid SS, then you won't have to deal with deraillerus or Boxxers again. Better yet, a hardnose SS so you can sitill have rear suspension :thumb:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
:nopity: hey, you'll be in washington soon where shops probably have people who've seen a boxxer before.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
That sucks man you have been working on that fork for a little bit. Maybe it needs on of the many upgrades available to it :)