Quantcast

European bike park help

steelewheels

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
Hey y'all, I was wondering if anyone knows of bike parks other then Let gets in europe? I am leaving on the 21 of july and it would be cool to find a place to stay for a month or so and ride my azz off... Any help would be great!

steelewheels

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
Thanks for all the links! Im looking for the biggest mountain with the most trails and diversity of riding. Also I dont speek much "european" So any ideas on the most english speaking place so i can get by with my limited vocabulary.

I can hear all the french calling me a "dirty english pig" right now in my head with the embelished french accent!

pugslybell

Chimp
Jan 23, 2002
Durango Colorado
i have a friend who loves in morzine i think, ill get you his email later today. His name is ben Walker and he runs a hostel slash guided run service. he is from phoenix and lives there three or four years with his wife.

BadFastard

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Belgium
pugslybell said:
i have a friend who loves in morzine i think, ill get you his email later today. His name is ben Walker and he runs a hostel slash guided run service. he is from phoenix and lives there three or four years with his wife.
Is that Ben, who builds the trails in morgins? Did he used to have a Red Haro DHR?
I met him a few times. great fella, total nutter as to trail building.

as to the original question: try to do a road trip
Thats how you'll have the most diverse riding. Switserland has a lot to offer and is quite central as a base. Portes de Soleil (morgins, champery, morzine, les gets, avoriaz, les crosets) is the biggest area, on the french swiss border. you'll need a car though. Near the german border there's the fun park in Todtnau, fast and rooty. Further in germay there are the brutal bad zildbad and the brand new Worldcup track in Willingen. Austria has kaprun, schladming and a few other sites.

Monkey
Apr 17, 2003
Edinburgh
yup got a sweet little trip on the go.

heading out 13th of july , 8 days in morzine, then off to the ixs cup at crans-montana, which by the way IS the best dh course in the known universe. Then off for the megavalanche week.

oh if your travelling around in germany , geisskopf deserves a go, I much prefered it to badwild bad and todtnau.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
360 said:
yup got a sweet little trip on the go.

heading out 13th of july , 8 days in morzine, then off to the ixs cup at crans-montana, which by the way IS the best dh course in the known universe. Then off for the megavalanche week.

oh if your travelling around in germany , geisskopf deserves a go, I much prefered it to badwild bad and todtnau.

nice... we ve got 10 days out there next month.. can t wait...

is geisskopf just north or winterberg / willingen ???

sounds promising....

edit - nevermind... i found it (with a little help from uiuiuiui) :)

350km from me... worth a trip eh :)