Quantcast

(European) Avy Users!!

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
Yes! sorry for opening another Avy thread but this one is for a real problem, the DU bearing (not the steel reducers) is worn and its time to change it, this part name is Garlock 07DU08, here in Spain its impossible to find, I was wondering how other European users have solved this before, anyone knows a place which sells online Garlock bearings??, I found a place in the USA but they dont sell such a small amount of money, BTW, I ordered before some from a well-known web page in the UK because they claim they stock them BUT either they sent me the wrong size (they send me Fox size) or they dont know that Avy DU bearings are smaller in size, in the web page says that Avy, Fox and 5th Element are 1/2" (which is wrong in terms of diameter of the DU bearing), I also wrote Craig (Avalanche owner)about that a couple of days ago but no answer has arrived yet, so any help will be more than welcomed!!, Cheers!!

Jan 12, 2005
Lancashire (U.K)
I deal with Garlock for seals for work.
The main centres are Germany or the UK.
Below is the Uk address who should be able to help.

Great Britain

Garlock (Great Britain) Limited
Premier Way
Lowfields Business Park
Elland
West Yorkshire
HX5 9HF

Tel: +44 (0)1422 313600
Fax: +44 (0)1422 313601
E-mail: DTurner@garlockgb.co.uk

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
Hey! thank you for the info, I will drop an email to see if they can help me, cheers!!

keeping_it_real said:
I deal with Garlock for seals for work.
The main centres are Germany or the UK.
Below is the Uk address who should be able to help.

Great Britain

Garlock (Great Britain) Limited
Premier Way
Lowfields Business Park
Elland
West Yorkshire
HX5 9HF

Tel: +44 (0)1422 313600
Fax: +44 (0)1422 313601
E-mail: DTurner@garlockgb.co.uk

SuPaFlY

Chimp
Jan 7, 2005
Toronto
BANRIDER, before you do anything, do this first. Go to a motocross shop and get them to order CR85 bushings. They are the same thing. I just ran into the same issue getting the new 45mm uppers and triple lower crown (get it if you're sick of you're fork twisting) and have had no problems at all. A moto shop will be able to get you these far easier and cheaper than it would be sending it back to Craig. this is also straight from him as well. You can also send you're fork into a moto shop and they can rebuild it for you if you dont want to. However, it is really easy to do.