Quantcast

Euromonkeys: UCI C1 DH race on island of Losinj (Croatia)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That stone/rock wall on both sides on the track can't be safe. Looks like a great spot though.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Looks like a fun track in a great fun country. I've raced in Croatia a couple times and immensely enjoyed the place!

numerik

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
Hi, Damo...I remember you and your mate from a race in Gračišče...some 8 years back ;)

@Norbar - the track will have several new parts to make it even safer, slower in places. There will also be new "wood" section.
There was 0 serious injuries last year, and we hope for the same in 2014.

Best regards!

BigBoi

Monkey
Oct 31, 2011
Long Island, NY
You could do without the first 53 seconds of the video. It makes it look like a pain in the arse just to get there, perhaps discouraging?
Just a thought

numerik

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
You could do without the first 53 seconds of the video. It makes it look like a pain in the arse just to get there, perhaps discouraging?
Just a thought
Was it Buddha that said: "It the path that's important not the destination" ;)

*Ryaniar and Wizair fly to some nearby airports (Trieste, Pula, Ljubljana and Rijeka)

Samoto

Dec 16, 2013
The point of the race is to win, isn't it? ;) Safety should be available even at fight speeds.
What do F1 drivers say about Monaco GP? Safety is relative :shocked:

:)

For that reason im interested to try out there in Croatia.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Hi, Damo...I remember you and your mate from a race in Gračišče...some 8 years back ;)

@Norbar - the track will have several new parts to make it even safer, slower in places. There will also be new "wood" section.
There was 0 serious injuries last year, and we hope for the same in 2014.

Best regards!
Great to hear, that's also really surprising (in a good way). The track looks great. It's just me being too detail oriented after some bad experiences not really related to that track

btw. If you want a C1 Tour 2 weeks later there is a C1 Race in Poland ;)