Quantcast

Euro monkeys - SPECIALIZED DH "Test event" in Slovenia, 9th April '11

numerik

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
You can start your downhill season in Slovenia!
"Warm up" before your season really starts!

Mountainbike club Trbovlje (the best slovenian downhill team, with multiple titles in all catagories)is organizing Monster energy Test event - Downhill Javor on 10th of April 2010. This event is a unique format in Slovenia, where the downhill riders are able to check the performance of both bikes and riders against the clock before the first race of the season!

Date: Saturday, 10th of April 2010
About the track: ...location is well known among downhillers since 1999, as there were 10 consecutive races (National champs and National cup) held on a fast, atractive and fun track.

There will also be a prize for best time of the day.

More info: http://www.specialized.mtbtrbovlje.net/

Video of 2010 edition:
http://vimeo.com/10917782

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I know it's a bit off topic but do you know if Maribor/Pohorje is open lat April/early May ? How many days/week?

btw. I'm really suprised how active is your Spec distributor. Around here you had to leave a 50% caution to test a spec bike and test days seem very often in Slovenia. That Trond Hansen camp was also pretty sweet.

numerik

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
I know it's a bit off topic but do you know if Maribor/Pohorje is open lat April/early May ? How many days/week?

btw. I'm really suprised how active is your Spec distributor. Around here you had to leave a 50% caution to test a spec bike and test days seem very often in Slovenia. That Trond Hansen camp was also pretty sweet.
Pohorje opens first weekend in April with a "race" in park. Check their web site or FB for info,

Actually Specialized test event is NOT a test of Spec bikes, it's a type of race, simillar in a way to event which was held in San Remo (San Romolo Meeting Internacionale). You pay starting fee, then enjoy 3h of shuttle assisted runs on fully protected track, then you can time yourself for the next 3h (you can do as many run as you like) and then if you have top 30 time, you get final chance to get a top3 finish in one run "superfinale".
So it is more a warm up, and a test of yourself and your bike (setup) you can compere times etc....however, "Test" is a bit awkward name I know...

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Pohorje opens first weekend in April with a "race" in park. Check their web site or FB for info,

Actually Specialized test event is NOT a test of Spec bikes, it's a type of race, simillar in a way to event which was held in San Remo (San Romolo Meeting Internacionale). You pay starting fee, then enjoy 3h of shuttle assisted runs on fully protected track, then you can time yourself for the next 3h (you can do as many run as you like) and then if you have top 30 time, you get final chance to get a top3 finish in one run "superfinale".
So it is more a warm up, and a test of yourself and your bike (setup) you can compere times etc....however, "Test" is a bit awkward name I know...
I get it. I really like the idea.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
would love to try tracks in slovenia :) i thought maribo was in slovakia? i mix things up :p
Slovenia. Slovakia has some nice tracks but I think it's hard to beat Maribor WC track. Only track that I wanted to ride as much (didn't have the chance - no bike, only did maribor) was Schladming.