Quantcast

ESC numero uno?= course?

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Went to the mountain yesterday to scope things out and get some course ideas. Presently waiting for approval. I don't want to say too much before then because the forest people have the last say.

It did take me a few runs to get myself and bike dialed in for that kind of riding. I can promise it will be fast, have plenty of turns and work your suspension like only Mount Snow can.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Jack, it was freaking fast yesterday. I loved it, really happy I went there it is hard to get that kind of riding anywhere. With the weather this week, I may even try a sem'slick. I do believe the bottom part of the old sport/beginner course from below Roxy's will come into play. More roots and rocks are exposed in there than ever.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Jack, it was freaking fast yesterday. I loved it, really happy I went there it is hard to get that kind of riding anywhere. With the weather this week, I may even try a sem'slick. I do believe the bottom part of the old sport/beginner course from below Roxy's will come into play. More roots and rocks are exposed in there than ever.
how dry is it up there? I've never been, but every video shows it as a full-spike slopfest...i see some showers in the forecast but don't know what that'll do to the "track".

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
how dry is it up there? I've never been, but every video shows it as a full-spike slopfest...i see some showers in the forecast but don't know what that'll do to the "track".
mt snow is the only mountain i'll pack wet screams for. haven't had to use 'em yet, have only had to break out the swampthings there so far.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Between the grassy slopes and the type of tera-firma up there, having an intermediate condition or spike tires can be wise choice. Not that I already told you this ;)

Is it safe to assume the course will be more of the same?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Between the grassy slopes and the type of tera-firma up there, having an intermediate condition or spike tires can be wise choice. Not that I already told you this ;)

Is it safe to assume the course will be more of the same?
dude, I know...but I want to know if I need to panic, or if it's as dry as darth ulmer says it is. I don't have spikes yet and probably won't be able to get them till after this weekend...

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
dude, I know...but I want to know if I need to panic, or if it's as dry as darth ulmer says it is. I don't have spikes yet and probably won't be able to get them till after this weekend...
Don't worry, downhill races are like college dorm rooms. Plenty of folks willing to lend rubber's if you ain't got them.