Quantcast

elixir cr niggles/pads

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
i got my elixirs setup after spending a good time bleeding them.. the back brake is a little troublesome. i can feel the lever 'pop' when it hits the disk.. even if i push the pistons all the way out the pads are still touching the disk a little bit (i've tried removing some fluid while pushing the pistons out but no go) its not that noticeable unless youre stood around feeling it but its still there and it shouldnt be

the thing i want now is a little more power.. i feel like im dragging the brakes alot to be able to slow down for corners or tech sections which i never had to do with my codes

what pads is everybody running? im running the stock M pads (metallic? metal?) and wandering if i should buy some organic or sintered if i want power (modulation doesnt bother me too much)

while i was looking at pads i noticed the price of shimano saint 4 pot pads.. god damn! talk about expensivvvve

im hoping to get some real riding done on sunday and really break the whole bike in so i'll see how they go.. maybe they just need to get used or for me to ride them and stop caring

edit: after fiddling with the knobs the pad contact seems to adjust the pads in the caliper, i thought all it changed was the lever?

if i move the pad contact all the way out there's no rubbing on the disk and no pop at the lever but if i move it all the way in the pad rubs and the lever has crazy stick/pop ****- all i want is the lever really close to the bar and the pad contact as close as possible! why is this so hard :(

Last edited:

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
I have the same problem, tried everything I could to remedy this and nothing seems to do it.I'd be curious to see if anyone as a solution for this.

On top of that both my front and rear levers are popping out on their own causing me to crash twice already because of this.

Bent 3 G3 rotors in less than a week and I'm 100% sure I didnt hit anything with the last one.Im thinking the calipers may have something to do with this?

I have another set on another bike and Its giving me all kind of different problems as well but at least with those ones, when they do work, they work pretty good...

Not too impress with the Elixir so far, they feel pretty cheap next to the new Saints which I've been eyeing for a little while now.