Quantcast

Element technic nickel-wide flat bar

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
You can just run them some back and some up...9 degrees sweep could mean ~4 up and ~5 back for instance. (Maybe I'm missing something here, but that's how it is on XC bikes for instance.)

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
How does the no up sweep feel? Does it feel natural or weird?

I was thinking of getting some of these but maybe not if Sunline are coming out with a flat bar with up sweep.
They can only make sweep in one dirrection, or am I missing something?

Function. Why run extra metal and height if you don't need to? Apart from flex from the bends, but with the width they are, they should have a bit of give.

Viv92

Monkey
Jan 31, 2009
Australia
They can only make sweep in one dirrection, or am I missing something?

Function. Why run extra metal and height if you don't need to? Apart from flex from the bends, but with the width they are, they should have a bit of give.
I mean sort of up and back sweep. You know how risers are angled up and back at your hands sort of? Not sure if I'm making sense...

Feb 26, 2003
plovdiv & boston
The relationship between Total, Up, and Back sweep is:

cos(T) = cos(U).cos(B)

So a bar with 9 degrees total sweep, rotated to give 5 deg upsweep will provide 7.5 deg of back sweep.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Can any1 tell me what this bar has in common with the reverse flat bar? They seem really alike (same length, 1g weight differance, shaped the same, priced around the same) and given the fact that reverse components are catalogue stuff it seems likely that there is more than one company selling this bar ;) Also it would give the more agile of us to get it cheaper from asia ;)