Quantcast

Elbow Guards

Vena

Monkey
Aug 30, 2007
Italy
Hi,

I need some new Elbow pads...

I would like something that doesnt move when you crash and confy to wear.

Some of those have my attentions...do you have any sugestions?

-661 Evo (preatty much expensive, but they look interesting...if the d3o really works...)
-Fox Extreme
-TLD Elbow Guard

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I have the 661 Evo's. They're pretty comfortable, and stay put for the most part. Gotta adjust them every couple of runs. I found them somewhere (cant remember) for $65 so I picked them up. Dont know if I'd pay retail for them though.

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
I have Protecs that work pretty well, they are cheap too. After breaking my elbow I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea while I rehabilitated, but I think I'll stick with them since there not cumbersome.

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
Ive run a few different kinds for the last year. I had some Fox Extreme elbow pads and they worked pretty good for the 39.99 pricetag. Got a nice mid summer bonus so I sprang for the Evo pads. I was attracted by the lower profile comfort. But I found when riding chairlift parks. Or generally harder-packed terrain if and when I fell the pads would cushion the initial impact but would become displaced and the secondary impacts or sliding would do a fair amount of damage...ie roadrash. So I keep those ones for the all-mountain rides or softer slower runs. The pads I recently picked up and finished the year with were some 39.99 Lizard Skins. They moved around less than any other pad I've used to date, The neoprene Webbing is really comfortable and they provide as much protection as any other pad on the market without being overly bulky (Imo). Granted they don't have the technology of d3o, I still feel they performed better when I went down on the rough terrain.

Heres a picture