Quantcast

@!# Effing A its Friday GMT#!@

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Only at Eldora does a snow stake go down during a storm :rofl: looks like an inch has blown away since 9am.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
This is a special kind of special
I hope this means they will fund cyclist related projects similarly to cars now that they plan on charging registration fees for each.
In the article someone is quoted raising doubt as to weather the fee would even cover the cost of organizing and maintaining the licensing program.

First PTO day off in forever started with calls and safety issues from a client, almost 3 hours in and it's only 9:fucking:20 am.
Always have a solid reason why you will not be able to answer your phone on PTO days. I just tell my boss I'm going to be in the woods, which is usually true anyway.

In personal news, I had a sink at my place that was draining slowly. I ignored it for a few weeks and it seems to have fixed itself. Some call it lazy, I call it efficient.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
In personal news, I had a sink at my place that was draining slowly. I ignored it for a few weeks and it seems to have fixed itself. Some call it lazy, I call it efficient.
i've learned to figure out the criteria to determine whether or not to actually shovel my driveway when it snows.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
If two kids in their car seats in rear, ski bag from passenger footwell to between their seats. If one or no kids with me then I fold down a rear seat and the ski bag goes from the trunk to behind a front seat. No racks for me.
Ah, ok. What do you do about bikes?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
About 4" on the Winter Park snow stake thus far. Tomorrow should be a powder ski day after all--bunch of co-workers heading up, too. It also will probably be a terrible traffic day of epic proportions.
I told Haley we're leaving at 4:30am Sunday, as we're pickup up a friend on the way. Goal is to clear 470 by 5:15am and get food up there, then leave around 12:30-1pm. I'm fine after 3.5-4hrs of fresh and she'll be blown.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ah, ok. What do you do about bikes?
2” hitch from torklift is available and shall be acquired.
I told Haley we're leaving at 4:30am Sunday, as we're pickup up a friend on the way. Goal is to clear 470 by 5:15am and get food up there, then leave around 12:30-1pm. I'm fine after 3.5-4hrs of fresh and she'll be blown.
I’m with you on that schedule. No lesson for Haley, then? That’s what fouls it up for me.

For Saturday the work group is going to dinner, too, so we can wait out traffic. Jessica has a babysitter lined up to help with dinner and bedtime so I’m totally off the hook.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
54* and light rain when ride started. 45* and light rain when it ended. soaked to the bone, coated in mid and grit, can’t feel hands and feet...still 134% worth it. last descent i was hooting and hollering like a little kid. now to find food and beer. brb.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It appears to have stalled at 4”. Hmph. Maybe moar is coming overnight. Will still bring both sets of skis in case.
It's actively snowing if you watch the mtn cams. I wouldn't be surprised if the shot is stalled.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
i havent ever skiied real powder.

well, there was that one time i skiied in about 12" of fresh at Mad River Glen. It was -13°F, i had never been there before, and was a novice tele skier. it didnt go well so i retired to the groomers. the locals were heckling me from the chair for leaving craters in the fresh snow....

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I don't ski/ride anything* BUT pow all winter....
That's why we live here ;)

* Does not include a handful of weekend 1/2 days with the kiddos.

I've been lagging of late but 20 or so days in at Bridger thus far and maybe 4-5 weren't powder days, still hoping for 30+ days to get my ////Moneysworth out of the pass...