Quantcast

>>eff if Friday GMT<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I wanted to kill the alarm this morning...oh wll at least I will be off work by noon. too bad I'm working all day Saturday. At least it will pay cash. Should be interesting, got hired by UC Berkeley to be the EMT at a Jumping show with women's equestrian teams from Northern California competing.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

This week seems to have gone on forever (and not in a good way). No big plans for the weekend except for eating loads of meat and fatty foods on Sunday with family & friends. Apparently there is also a football game on TV this weekend.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
YESSSSSSSSSSS Friday. Got the perfect snow overnight, for doing donuts in the mall parking lot this morning. The mall even had the courtesy to plow the big open lot to absolute perfection; they removed all the loose uneven crap and left this pristine layer of donut goodness. :D

Now for work. :( So much to do, so little time.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I got back on the bike yesterday and also road today in the snow. I really need a bike with better fenders but besides that it was nice. The subway is really getting under my skin so good motivation to ride. Angry sad unfriendly people on the subway in the morning.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Went skiing with my buddies last night. was arguably my best ski ever. this snow is fantastic. Hit the pub afterwards and had a couple of pints, wings and a club sammich.

Kid woke up at 4 this morning, but was back asleep relatively quickly. Not me or my wife. fuck this is getting old.

Also accepted a job offer. Lateral move, but to less soul-sucking work. Two blocks over. closer to home, but a little farther from my son's daycare, not that two blocks will make a difference.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
FOF. F off Friday.

Heading to San Diego Sunday for training class next week. Hotel is comped, so the wife is coming with me for a few days and my parents are watching the child. Hoping to get a couple rides in.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Went skiing with my buddies last night. was arguably my best ski ever. this snow is fantastic. Hit the pub afterwards and had a couple of pints, wings and a club sammich.

Kid woke up at 4 this morning, but was back asleep relatively quickly. Not me or my wife. fuck this is getting old.

Also accepted a job offer. Lateral move, but to less soul-sucking work. Two blocks over. closer to home, but a little farther from my son's daycare, not that two blocks will make a difference.
Good to see that at least someone is winning this week! :cheers:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Kids off to band nonsense.
What's this band nonsense? Something associated with this? http://www.cmeaonline.org/

It will all pay off when they become professional musicians.
:lol:

Have I mentioned that my brother in law has a masters in flute performance? He used that to win the principal flute position at a 4th tier professional orchestra. He makes $17k/year, iirc. Thank teh FSM for them providing health insurance as a benefit, and being a non-profit his student loans will disappear after 10 years of very low income based repayment.

(On the other hand, he's making a better return on his investment, as it were, than my wife with her clarinet performance masters degree and zero income as a stay at home mother.)

Angry sad unfriendly people on the subway in the morning.
That'd be New Yorkers all the time. Not sure why you're just noticing it now? :D

I rode in. 3.5/5 days this week, iirc, with the 0.5 being when the wife rescued me after the umpteenth flat. No flats thus far with my new tires, though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This was real? :clapping:

For what its worth, there is an axe throwing league/club here in Toronto. They serve alcohol to players...:monkey:
yea. was just me being stupid though. tossing/flipping it in the air seemed like a perfectly reasonable thing to do at the time, and without gloves. didn't lose a finger, doesn't seem to be any nerve damage.

sadly can't blame it on alcohol

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
(On the other hand, he's making a better return on his investment, as it were, than my wife with her clarinet performance masters degree and zero income as a stay at home mother.)
At least he is using his degree. My Uncle will be sending girl #3 off to college this year to pursue a pottery degree. She follows girl #1 with a sculpture degree and girl #2 with a music degree. None of which are used more than recreationally. All of which were earned paying the full price at a private institution.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
What's this band nonsense? Something associated with this? http://www.cmeaonline.org/
WTF... :think:

Yes... that's exactly what it is associated with. They will be performing this morning with the Dallas Brass apparently. My 7th grader was one of the few 7th grade nerds to get invited. My older is attending with the entire 8th grade band.

:nerd:tastic.

So to sum it up... my kids:

Band
Magic the Gathering
Chess Club

This should guarantee I don't need to worry about girls for the next 6 years or so.

:D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Little monkey played her bass for the music school principal and a few others as part of her application process yesterday. Find out if she got in by the 9th, ugh. Her goal is not to be a professional musician, she wants to get into music therapy. See how much that changes between now and high school.

It's Friday, I was out too late last night with a group of lesbos, and I have a beach trip this weekend. Lets kick this day in the nuts.

I will say it is funny to watch drunk rednecks buy hot lesbians drinks, then get pissed when they won't accept their unwanted advances. I just encourage them to keep trying. :rofl:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Drove wife to IKEA this morning.
Have been pissing her off last 2 hours by incorporating ikea model names into everything I say. Maximum annoyance achieved and we're out in record time.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
At least he is using his degree. My Uncle will be sending girl #3 off to college this year to pursue a pottery degree. She follows girl #1 with a sculpture degree and girl #2 with a music degree. None of which are used more than recreationally. All of which were earned paying the full price at a private institution.
i hope he bangs his head against the wall with a helmet on....

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hi folks.
TGIF. amirite?
suffer severe creative tilt today. will do some planning and other paper work & shopping for a new CDN. yay.

hopefully tomorrow will be one of those rare desert powder days. not shooting so I will be in the trees all day.
cheers yall.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Do you have the consumption, JBP?

I am pretty certain I have the anal SARS, or food poisoning, or both. Had an unwitnessed but worthy of embarrassing but disgusting things thread experience. Now am home, hoping my guts recover before we fly to PDX tomorrow.

Do you have the consumption, JBP?

I am pretty certain I have the anal SARS, or food poisoning, or both. Had an unwitnessed but worthy of embarrassing but disgusting things thread experience. Now am home, hoping my guts recover before we fly to PDX tomorrow.
I dunno. Cough, hose nose, fever. Seems to be abating. If it's still here in a week I'll seek an AMA witch doctor.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
recruiters... pretty sure I could do a better job than any of the ones I've ever had any dealings with.