Quantcast

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Holy balls, my building just shook like crazy here in nyc. That was a ****ing creepy feeling. 32 floors is a long way down.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
All you east coast pansies.... My mom (Philly area) called me up all freaked out. 5.9 is pretty small and a yearly occurrence (if not more often) here on the west coast.

BUT, now when you guys say, "I'd rather have hurricanes, tornadoes, ice storms, and lightning to an earthquake" I can retort... well you have those too now, huh?
;)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
All you east coast pansies.... My mom (Philly area) called me up all freaked out. 5.9 is pretty small and a yearly occurrence (if not more often) here on the west coast.

BUT, now when you guys say, "I'd rather have hurricanes, tornadoes, ice storms, and lightning to an earthquake" I can retort... well you have those too now, huh?
;)
this. i was in a 6 something when i lived in LA. freaky, but meh.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Everyone at work is talking about it. I didn't feel a damn thing.
this.

in line at the grocery store...

person: did you feel the earthquake?

me: what?

person: the earthquake...did you feel it?....it's all over facebook.

me: facebook....yeah.....don't think so.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
5.8? No 6.0, no care. But in all seriousness, that big on the east coast is troubing mostly because the buildings aren't designed to handle that.

But back to the size... anything less than a 6.0 is mostly just annoying here.

clarkenstein

Monkey
Nov 28, 2008
i felt it here in north dirty jerz. i thought i was just flashing back for a second until our admin started freaking out. she said she knew something was up when her boobs started shaking. she gave it a 4.2 on the boob scale.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
About 20 miles from the epicenter. Was on ground floor slab, didn't really feel anything but heard a rumble and pictures rattled on the walls. Neighbors who were on upper floors said they felt quite a bit of motion.

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
Pffft. 15 miles outside of Boston and didn't feel ish. After experiencing the 6th largest earthquake in history in Chile last year, I gave it a 'meh'.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
How far into the ground do you think that place would fall if it collapsed?
well, it's built on a swamp, so who knows

i'm more worried what would happen to their realtime systems when the dedicated glass gets cut b/t there & dayton & OKC. so far, it's held up, but their most sensitive systems aren't in-house

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
ok, anyone care to explain to me why tracert succeeds w/ 3 hops [co -> va -> co], but page won't load?