Quantcast

e13 hubs?

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
well i saw this on nsmb and didnt know what to think? are these real, can i go buy them or was this a pro only sort thing? basically i just need some explainations?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
They just look like standard formula hubs rebadged to me. Nothing to get excited over.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Prototypes from 2004 when there wasn't an abundance of 150mm hubs available. Won't see production, but the prototypes were built in TW, not Formula though.

jungle

Monkey
Jan 11, 2006
if they were well thought out like all of the e13 products available
i'm sure they would of been excellent hubs

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
They look like tuffnecks to me. Not a bad hub really. A little heavy though.

You should totally make some hubs dw. :D

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Prototypes from 2004 when there wasn't an abundance of 150mm hubs available. Won't see production, but the prototypes were built in TW, not Formula though.

the nut and body look very novatec, or is that also formula?

novatec is my fave hub for the money, more reliable and same weight as some hi dollar offerings.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
formula, novatec, and tuffneck (as well as dice) have suspiciously similar hubshells and freehub bodies

i'd say (quite confidently) that at least a few of those are pumped out of the same taiwanese factory, as well as those e13 ones pictured.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
The hubshells were custom made from 7075 to our spec, 12X150 rear, with an off-the shelf freehub body, the highest end body that the company offered. There were basically no 150mm hubs available at the time when we made them and I needed hubs for testing bikes, so we evaluated them during testing. The plan was to eventually integrate a design for a new freehub body that I had, but I never got around to patenting it, and we decided to concentrate on chain retention systems for a few years soon after. There are only 6 sets in existence.