Quantcast

e13 cranks, recommendation?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I'm thinking about replacing my boat anchor Raceface Evolve DH cranks that are loose and can't be tightened further. I ride a hardtail, evil sov. I'm mainly doing trail riding, with a bit of jumps, street and bmx track thrown in for good measure. I'm about 180lbs.

Which of the cranks do you think would be most appropriate?

Thanks.

Attachments

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Response from Charlie @ e13... DH cranks.

Charlie@e13 said:
For jumping and that sort of thing I would recommend our DH cranks . The XC cranks are pretty strong but would definitely not last as long as the DH in that application.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Dump - I have the dh cranks they are extremely nice...the build quality is great and the bearings are really serviceable...

You will not be disappointed.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Dump - I have the dh cranks they are extremely nice...the build quality is great and the bearings are really serviceable...

You will not be disappointed.
Thanks man, I picked up a pair... haven't mounted them yet, but they look awesome. BB setup looks straightforward. Will report back w/ pics once mounted.

Thoe

Chimp
Sep 17, 2012
Hello I have a 2012 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon and I want to go to a single with a chain guide. I am currently running a double SLK 26/39. I keep seeing your PF30 press fit BB will this work on my frame and what crank and chain guide would you suggest? I am running a 11-36 sram 1099 with a x9 type 2 derailleur also so I would like some help here thanks.

DerekJ

Monkey
Mar 6, 2006
Taichung, Taiwan
Hello I have a 2012 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon and I want to go to a single with a chain guide. I am currently running a double SLK 26/39. I keep seeing your PF30 press fit BB will this work on my frame and what crank and chain guide would you suggest? I am running a 11-36 sram 1099 with a x9 type 2 derailleur also so I would like some help here thanks.
For that frame you would actually need our BB30 BB as the frame is not a PF30 frame (PF30 and BB30 are two different standards). Other than that the frame should have iscg old tabs for mounting a chainguide.
I would recommend calling our Petaluma office and speak with tech support directly if you have any other set up questions. The number is 800.801.9936 (PST).
cheers

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I guess I forgot to report back. I've been rocking these DH cranks for 2 seasons and they've been great. I picked up a pair of the XC cranks for my trial bike this season and they've been solid as well. No complaints!

street (dh cranks)

trail (xc cranks)

Last edited:

DerekJ

Monkey
Mar 6, 2006
Taichung, Taiwan
I guess I forgot to report back. I've been rocking these DH cranks for 2 seasons and they've been great. I picked up a pair of the XC cranks for my trial bike this season and they've been solid as well. No complaints!

street (dh cranks)

trail (xc cranks)
Nice! Looks like the Sov is still going strong as well.