Quantcast

e-thirteen flat pedals availability

Intenseman

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
France
Someone know the e-thirteen pedals availability ??

they said :"Spring 2004" on their website....but we are on summer... :drool:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
what, no reflectors? Those things don't look very safe to me. I'd get nice safe pedals with bright shiny reflectors if I were you.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Mmmmm i want. E.13 needs to make more parts so i can buy them. I am an e13 whore after getting a drs on both my bikes.

b-man

Chimp
May 25, 2002
ct
:drool: well good thing I'm going to be looking for new pedals soon...that there is me first choice. Good on ya E13, always good lookin' parts!

Crash_Tested

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
wCo
I emailed them a while back and was told that the release would be delayed because they changed some of the materials.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I'm awaiting their release, too. I talked to John P. at Mount Snow and if I remember correctly, I think he said they were still in the prototype stages but looking to wrap things up soon. I guess it'll be later than Spring. :)

RatAgain

Chimp
Mar 11, 2004
Chelmsford, MA
i have asked numourous people and they said it won't be out until fall. i was bummed out cuz i wanted them for my evil and ended up getting some black DKs. hopefully by the time i kick the crap out of the DKs i can get some e13 pedals...

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
these things will be worth the wait, they look crazy and have what sounds like some amazing internals! As dave said before the production ones look a bit different from that picture posted above.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
hey guys-

Glad to hear everyone's so psyched about the new stuff we've got coming down the pipe. Sometimes it takes us longer than we'd like to release new products, and there are a few factors at work here:
1. We want our stuff to be PERFECT when it is released to the public, and to this end, we spend an insane amount of time on R&D and making sure our manufacturing process is dialed in to be as efficient as possible.
2. We strive to design products that are completely original, and starting from scratch takes time. For example, no one in the world was making chainguides with polycarb. bashrings when we started (quite a different story today), so it took a while to iron out some of the bugs that are associated with something that revolutionary. You'll see the same radical departure from the status quo with our new products, and delays are common with this kind of originality.
3. We've been absolutely buried with the popularity of our guides and rings, and we spend a ton of time just keeping up with demand of those products. To keep prices affordable, we maintain a staff that's small, very hard-working, and efficient, but sometimes we get blind-sided by these huge orders that come in out of the blue, and that knocks development of new products back a bit. On top of that, we just moved to a much larger office about a month ago, and although it was necessary due to our growth, it added another delay to development.

Now, to answer your questions about specific products:
Pedals - The protos we've been testing have been performing great, but we have really tried to up the ante with the production version. I can't get into too much detail, but expect something with tons of grip and internals that last a very long time. There is a lot of proprietery stuff going on with these babies, and prototyping some of this stuff costs major bucks.
Stems - We've got a few protos of these kicking around, and they're working out great too. What most people don't realize is that stems are a lot more complicated project than they appear to be. I'll leave it at that . . .
Sovereigns - The tubes landed in the USA (from Reynolds, which is in the UK) last week. We also finalized color choices last week, and we'll have production samples shortly.

I guess that's all for now.

--John P.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
nice, sounds like all burners are in service on the evil range.

fwiw, i agree w/ the delay - why deal w/ rushing something out there if it's not quite ready, and then get deluged w/ RAs and bad press when something f's up?

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
John P. said:
1. We want our stuff to be PERFECT when it is released to the public
If only the computer software business would have the same philosophy as the Evil guys... :think: