Quantcast

Duthie work party - DWB style - Sun. Oct., 25

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
We're going to be out there digging and riding...riding and digging. In no particular order. Not totally sure what time we will get started as of right now, but I'm guessing no later than 11am we should be stirring about.

Directions and other vital info can be found at - www.evergreenmtb.org - or else shoot me a message.

Hope to see you out there!

~Andy

wr-ecks

Chimp
Dec 7, 2008
Cool, me and a friend may tag along as well. where do you guys meet up at? I haven't been out there yet so it might take me a while to find you guys wandering around in the woods.
And if we do come along, is there plenty of shovels etc. or should we bring our own?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Our line is fairly easy to find. I believe it's the NE section of the park. We're above the main clearing up top where the tool trailer/boxes are. There's two trails above that area - both have decent sized wood bridges at the start. Ours is the one with the 4-5ft drop at the end that goes into a sweepy left-handed berm to a small double. We'll be either riding it or down the way where the goods lie. Hope that helps?!

As far as tools go, there are quite a few provided but there may also be several other crews going at it as well if the weather is suck. That being said, it may not hurt to bring a lucky/favorite tool if you wish...maybe put your phone # on it in case you forget it so maybe it will be noticed and you can get it back.

Looking forward to Sunday. Not only is that my Saturday, it should be a pretty productive and fun day in the woods with some like-minded folks!:weee:

btw, that thing in your avatar looks like a good time, Jeff!!!

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2007
Bothell
yo andy! damein and i got out to duthie for the first time the other day! Dwb line is pretty damn sick! Duthie is way more fun then i had expected!

wr-ecks

Chimp
Dec 7, 2008
Not sure if we will make it on Sunday but we wanted to check it out, so we stopped by today. Man that place is going to be very cool. we spent a couple hours in the flow park area. Tons of fun. Good work guys for sure.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
yo andy! damein and i got out to duthie for the first time the other day! Dwb line is pretty damn sick! Duthie is way more fun then i had expected!
I saw you there, it was cool to watch you guys rip it up. Seams like more and more people are coming to work partys so its just going to get better and better.

After sunday it should be more tempting to ride all the way to the bottom and come back up the road.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Awesome to hear that folks are grooving on it...thanks! While we have done the lion's share of work on that line, we sure have had a lot of help up to this point and we are very, very grateful for it!!! By springtime, that place is going to be a pretty amazing riding spot...hell, it's pretty tight in its current state.

So, am I crazy in thinking that the gap on Boss Hogg would be a great place for a bbq pit?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Looking like we'll be out there again this Sunday. Need to build a landing for our latest feature and a few little things as well. Probably be out there no later than 10am and staying until we've had enough (likely 3-4pm).

Don't forget to turn your clocks back an hour on Sat. before you pass out!

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Try and car pool or park in the main lot and ride the boardwalk in. People are starting to complain about all the traffic in the builders parking lot. Builders can def park there, but I guess a lot of people who are just riding have been parking there.

Wish I could go,
I was out there touching up drainage and stuff so it should be good to go!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Mike and Kevin were dumping a bunch of snags out that way on Wednesday. You may already know that but there should be a bunch of logs to stack up down there towards the bottom.

Apr 10, 2007
Will definitely try to be there earlier this Sunday than I was last. Can't wait to build a landing for that beautiful creation that went up last week

Apr 10, 2007
ha ha, I blame the wife! Actually I might be late this week :D

Supposed to get family pictures this weekend and it might be Sunday morning. If it rains though we'll bag it and I'll be out at Duthie around 10:30, otherwise it will be more like noon.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Try and car pool or park in the main lot and ride the boardwalk in.!
Whats the best way to the main lot and then how do you ride/bike in? If my swine flu is gone I am DIEING to be back on a bike. 6 weeks no riding has made me pretty grumpy and the trails are looking sick sick sick.

What time are people planning on getting there this Sunday? I hope my flu is gone!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
If you're still sick (especially with the swine flu), please don't come out. As much as I don't like turning people away, this is one of those situations where I'd probably have to.

As far as what time, I think we're going to be out there between 9-10am until ???.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
You can park at the Lodge (27101 S.E. Duthie Hill Road, Issaquah, WA) and ride south into the clearing. Once there you should be able to find the trail pretty easy.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Good seeing the line progress and some of you working last night. I saw Mike later and he's going to head over and drop that snag for you guys to fill the latest feature.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
If you're still sick (especially with the swine flu), please don't come out.
Nah I did not end up leaving the couch/bed for 4 days : ( That would have been rough. I can ride again next week according to the doc. Knee has felt good so i think I am ready, wait KNOW I am ready to ride, The car is in the shop right now so as soon as its out I will have some weekdays.

Kim are you or anyone going out on weekdays?
Dave