Quantcast

Dust to glory

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
The movie was awesome. I think if you don't like it (male or female) there is something wrong with you! It's not really just about Baja racing, as much as it is about following your passion. I loved it and will probably see it again in the theatre and then buy it on DVD for sure. :thumb:

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
The movie was awesome! I was at the 1000 when they filmed it for D2G. The camera car had a huge boom on the front of it with 4 Romic shocks! I guess the camera got wasted after Pluger passed it at about mile 5! I saw Leduc t-bone Robby at the end of a road section...Leduc's rear bumper was wasted and Robby's front bumper was wasted from the previous 20 miles or so. It was hilarious and sad to drive by the Trophy Trucks on the highway and seeing the drivers handing over a drivers license to the federalies and getting issued speeding tickets in the middle of a race!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Saw it last night and it was awesome. The moto footage is unreal and it was amazing to watch Mouse complete it by himself, straight. Thats crazy! I highly recommend it to anyone.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
We must have been watching the a different movie. I thought it was very stale in many sections. Undeniably the race footage was prefect but I didn't go for the full backgound check on every single soul in Mexico. I would have rather watched the trailer over and over for an hour than see the whole film again. But after watching more than one Dana Brown film I have come expect long dramatic pauses between what I paid to see.

My 2 cents

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
I saw it a couple of weeks ago and still think it is the sickest motor sports documentary I have ever seen. I hope to see it again in the theatre, and will definitely be buying a dvd copy when they become available.

I am very lucky to be able to spend my winters mx'n in the deserts of Utah. If you've spent some time participating in any of those sports you will be awed by this movie.

Personally, I like the background info and think it makes you appreciate the racers and crews even more. IMO mtv and video games have pretty much ruined a whole generation’s appreciation of reality.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
go-ride.com said:
I am very lucky to be able to spend my winters mx'n in the deserts of Utah. If you've spent some time participating in any of those sports you will be awed by this movie.

Personally, I like the background info and think it makes you appreciate the racers and crews even more. IMO mtv and video games have pretty much ruined a whole generation’s appreciation of reality.
:D Right on! :thumb:

I personally can't stand the MTB movies of the last 5 years. They are chock full of riding but have no soul. People ARE the sport. Brain numbing music that is repetitive at best and nothing but footage, is boring. It has no context. Give a background or a history and the riders become real and interesting.....without it is just another schmoes footage with a lame band playing in the back ground.

If you ask me MTB movies need to step it up a bit. I won "Highways" at a MTB event, and enjoyed the stupid stuff they did while they weren't riding, but there wasn't much there to interest me. Frankly it is "just another MTB video" Same old crap. Not a bad bunch of shots but still the same old boring format.

PLEASE someone step up and make a movie and not a collection of photage backed by music! :D

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I saw it saturday. It was a phenominal movie. I liked it so much I went and saw it again on Sunday!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Im so behind the times.

Finally got the DVD. Awesome stuff. The slomo of the super trucks is incredible. The moto action was awesome as well. I only saw about 3/4 of it as i was also getting my gear bag ready for whistler... gotta see it again on the big TV. Wish i saw in the theaters.....

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
oly said:
Im so behind the times.

Finally got the DVD. Awesome stuff. The slomo of the super trucks is incredible. The moto action was awesome as well. I only saw about 3/4 of it as i was also getting my gear bag ready for whistler... gotta see it again on the big TV. Wish i saw in the theaters.....
Yeah, it's in video rental stores now.
I just happen to rent it because I couldn't find anything else. I'm glad I did, probably one of the best movies EVER!!! So much drama, action, and suspense and it's all real. I almost cried when Mouse crossed the finish line.
Watch it!

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Ha ha i never saw this post from a few months ago,
I was watching it this morning while eating my bagel and i turn on the computer and this post is up! Funny.

Oh it's in Wal Mart now. That will make up for the lack of peeps seeing it in the theater!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I bought it and it is just as good the 4th time you watch it. :o:

:D

I know there is a lot of $$$ that went into this flick. But the style this movie has is what I feel is missing from modern day MTB/FMX videos. A story, continuity, narator, back grounds, etc. Oh and make the music a background not the only suppliment to the photage. Just my non-influencal call out to video makers everywhere.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
RhinofromWA said:
I bought it and it is just as good the 4th time you watch it. :o:

:D

I know there is a lot of $$$ that went into this flick. But the style this movie has is what I feel is missing from modern day MTB/FMX videos. A story, continuity, narator, back grounds, etc. Oh and make the music a background not the only suppliment to the photage. Just my non-influencal call out to video makers everywhere.
Yep, this was a great movie. I would like to see a MTB movie like this, kind of like "On Any Sunday." Which happens to be one of my favorite movies of all time...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
blt2ride said:
Yep, this was a great movie. I would like to see a MTB movie like this, kind of like "On Any Sunday." Which happens to be one of my favorite movies of all time...
Probably no small coincidence that the guy who made D2G is the son of the guy who made "On Any Sunday"

The original classic. Malcome Smith kicks arse!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
RhinofromWA said:
Probably no small coincidence that the guy who made D2G is the son of the guy who made "On Any Sunday"

The original classic. Malcome Smith kicks arse!
It was really cool to see Malcom (he aged pretty well, for a moto guy) in "Dust to Glory." Malcom was ahead of his time when it came to riding and racing. Imagine if he had a chance to ride a modern bike when he was in his prime. He would be in the mix with RC, Reed and Bubba.