Quantcast

$$$ Dude wake up it's thursday $$$

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Sick. Boo. Wife brought it home and it got me.

Ride last night might not have been the best idea. Mentally it felt good. Afterwards however, the chills and aches descended.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
going to the NJ site to run some prototypes tomorrow. was planning on taking DH bike and detouring to the bike park for some laps on the way home. now 60% chance of thunderstorms. fuckshitpiss.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Monkey see, monkey you know what it be!! I ran 22 laps on the high school track at the asscrack of dawn. 20th wedding anniversary today for me and Wife, and we have completed the acknowledgement with the obligatory greeting card exchange. Honestly I don't think either of us even want to buy cards, but we still do, because it is something. We may grab some takeout for lunch, but that is more because we gotta eat.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley is loving her Backcountry Camp. It's like the normal outdoor summer day camp we all had growing up, but I guess these things aren't as common anymore?

Dr's appt today to have the hematoma on my hip/thigh looked at. Half of it is the expected mutli-colored bruise, but the other half is a giant ball of fluid that sticks out nearly 2" and it hasn't gone down at all. Guessing it's like 'water on the knee' and needs to be drained with a big old fucking needle.

Otherwise? Work.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Woke up this morning and remembered I'm driving to Colorado next weekend, I should probably make some arrangements.

Hay Denver-area peeps: any recommendations for a decent hotel in town for a night next Saturday? Will be dropping my van off in Loveland and probably getting a rideshare lift down to Denver so I can fly home on Sunday morning. Ideally it would have restaurants and stuff to do within walking distance.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Woke up this morning and remembered I'm driving to Colorado next weekend, I should probably make some arrangements.

Hay Denver-area peeps: any recommendations for a decent hotel in town for a night next Saturday? Will be dropping my van off in Loveland and probably getting a rideshare lift down to Denver so I can fly home on Sunday morning. Ideally it would have restaurants and stuff to do within walking distance.
Downtown Denver is about 20-30 minutes from the airport.
If you stay in LoDo near union station you can walk to eat/drink your fill then hop on the morning train to the airport, which dumps you off at security check in.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Rolling into work late since I’m on outpatient-only CT/MR today and that’s ok. In car wash now.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Dr's appt today to have the hematoma on my hip/thigh looked at. Half of it is the expected mutli-colored bruise, but the other half is a giant ball of fluid that sticks out nearly 2" and it hasn't gone down at all. Guessing it's like 'water on the knee' and needs to be drained with a big old fucking needle.
Ooh... are we thigh boob brothers? I hit the deck on Porcupine going Mach Fernando, and when my thigh impacted the rock and the rest of my self kept going, the muscle was forcibly detached from the fascia (?) and I ended up with what I *think* was called an "intramuscular hematoma" by the doc. I had a massive sac o' fluid in between the muscle and the subcutaneous layers of my fleshy bits... and lemme tell you my thigh is still deformed. That hurt like a mother frogger.

@Atomic Dog I have no hotel recommendations for ya, sorry. But the advice @Nick gave isn't bad. Maybe also look at the Stapleton area? It's also right on the A-line and closer to the aeropuerto, and I think there might be some decent things to do/eat/drink in the area. Also, I just looked and it's called Central Park now... weird. And I guess I only assume there are hotels there?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
@Atomic Dog when I was in Denver a few years back I stayed at the Art Hotel, which is (as you might guess) right near the Denver Art Museum. I don't mind walking a bit, and there were a decent number of breweries and restaurants within a 10-15 minute stroll.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So I figured out why I crashed. The grip spun ~ 45*. Last year the grip started to twist and when I pulled it off there was a ton of glue inside of the grip. I figured that the grip had an issue, so I just replaced the grips and this was my first ride with the new grips. I'm assuming this is from the guy @6thElement bought it from because that's not the type of work that he would do. I busted out the torque wrench this am to check it, just to make sure I didn't fuck up installing it, and it was correct. The bar is misshapen/too small. Fuck Kore products.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So I figured out why I crashed. The grip spun ~ 45*. Last year the grip started to twist and when I pulled it off there was a ton of glue inside of the grip. I figured that the grip had an issue, so I just replaced the grips and this was my first ride with the new grips. I'm assuming this is from the guy @6thElement bought it from because that's not the type of work that he would do. I busted out the torque wrench this am to check it, just to make sure I didn't fuck up installing it, and it was correct. The bar is misshapen/too small. Fuck Kore products.
Sorry buddy, not my handiwork. I think I've got a 750mm Easton alloy DH bar in spares if you want it? Not sure how much rise, probably only 20-25mm.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sorry buddy, not my handiwork. I think I've got a 750mm Easton alloy DH bar in spares if you want it? Not sure how much rise, probably only 20-25mm.
If figured it wasn't your work, so no concerns there. It's janky and that's not your style. I might take you up on that though. I need to check the height; it has to be pretty tall. I'm on the fence of getting a FS slalom bike for jumping vs. a HT, if I decide to keep jumping. The added slop option is worth a lot to me vs. the HT.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Just had a visitor from one of the hop farms we work with. Of course we had to sample some Nimble Giant... and then from another tank of Nimble Giant to be sure it was as good as the first... and then from another... and another... I'm ready for a nap.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just had a visitor from one of the hop farms we work with. Of course we had to sample some Nimble Giant... and then from another tank of Nimble Giant to be sure it was as good as the first... and then from another... and another... I'm ready for a nap.
ETA on distro? is lollihop on the brew schedule this year?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Ooh... are we thigh boob brothers? I hit the deck on Porcupine going Mach Fernando, and when my thigh impacted the rock and the rest of my self kept going, the muscle was forcibly detached from the fascia (?) and I ended up with what I *think* was called an "intramuscular hematoma" by the doc. I had a massive sac o' fluid in between the muscle and the subcutaneous layers of my fleshy bits... and lemme tell you my thigh is still deformed. That hurt like a mother frogger.
S did that in a crash a couple of days before our wedding somewhere on the now off limits Antz Basin in ID, still hasn't fully healed.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
what did you get??
6801 DD - NSK Deep Groove Bearing - 12x21x5 x 4
6806 DD - NSK Deep Groove Bearing - 30x42x7 x 2
6001 2RSR FAG Deep Groove Bearing - 12 x 28 x 8mm x 2