Quantcast

Dt fr600

Viv92

Monkey
Jan 31, 2009
Australia
How are these holding up for people?

I killed the apparently bombproof 823s in 2 rides and I'm looking ofr something else.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
823 dead in 2 rides? Someone needs to learn to build a wheel.

DT love their hubs. In the past DT rims have been to soft and dented easily. I'm not sure if this is still the case. Don't see many peeps running them.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Just been lacing an 823 up myself and they seem seriously solid, I find it hard to believe one could be destroyed so quickly unless something was amiss with the build.

Lets see the damage!

Just been lacing an 823 up myself and they seem seriously solid, I find it hard to believe one could be destroyed so quickly unless something was amiss with the build.

Lets see the damage!
I'm just going to go ahead and say if you've seen this kid ride, you'd understand how he does it.

I'm not entirely sure he doesn't trust his brakes, so he aims for the largest, most square edged rocks he can find on the trail and uses them to slow him down...

2 x 32mm BoXXer lowers
1 x 35mm BoXXer lowers
1 x Morewood Izimu headtube
2 x Sram X.9 Short Cage
3 x Hone crank arms

In 6-9 months.

andy_n

Chimp
Mar 12, 2003
I will question the wheel build Viv, where did you get it done? Local or OS or yourself.

I have a couple tips I would share with you depending on where the build was done. Anything is worth a try. PM me if you don't want to post or catch me on FB.

ucsbMTBmember

Monkey
Nov 20, 2009
wow destroyed an 823 in two rides? ive been riding tunnel in santa barbara every week for a long time and my rims are still solid. only managed to put a small ding in the rim from running them at 12psi.

Viv92

Monkey
Jan 31, 2009
Australia
I will question the wheel build Viv, where did you get it done? Local or OS or yourself.

I have a couple tips I would share with you depending on where the build was done. Anything is worth a try. PM me if you don't want to post or catch me on FB.
Jimmy did it for me, so I thought it should be a real quality build. It's dinged real bad but it buckled terribly too, so maybe he was having an off day?

andy_n

Chimp
Mar 12, 2003
Sheriff who last I knew was working for Zip wheels, taught me about 14years ago, he had a couple of tricks that he reckoned helped. Mind you I had a crash today on my XC bike and taco'ed the front wheel so bad that it would go through the fork. :(