Dr. Sprocket's Sugar Mt. Photos

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Acadian said:
Jeremy,

is this guy one of your teammates?
Nope, One of our guys got injured and hung up racing before the season even started.
This guy got his bike.
Looks sweet huh?
Those pics are sweet.
There might be some of me but they sent me off the mountain first!!
So basically, I was the trail clearer. :dancing:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
Yep, we had so much fun racing there, me and Butch went back to ride there yesterday.
We were doing stormtrooper runs all day wheel to wheel, and ping ponging off stuff. That was more fun than racing. :thumb:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Jeremy R said:
Yep, we had so much fun racing there, me and Butch went back to ride there yesterday.
We were doing stormtrooper runs all day wheel to wheel, and ping ponging off stuff. That was more fun than racing. :thumb:
You suck. :mad:

I actually got back to riding XC on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

About Sugar, there were so many people I have never seen before. :confused:

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

i like the flower and sky shots too.

i found one of me at VT. you have a higher res?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Acadian said:
which is also a blast!! :thumb:
Well, my type of XC riding is with my MTNx bike, single front chainring, and flats. ;) Also it was my first rides off the trainer since I fractured my humerus 4 weeks ago.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
profro said:
You suck. :mad:

I actually got back to riding XC on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

About Sugar, there were so many people I have never seen before. :confused:
Sweet. Is the shoulder feeling OK?
As soon as these last 2 races are done, all I am gonna do is trailride.
Pisgah in the fall is :heart: !!

Yeah, Sugar and Wolf always bring people out from the hills.
I talked to some guys at Sugar, that knew NOTHING of the Maxxis series.
Most people are not online, and only go by fliers, and if you don't get those in the shops, then they don't show.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
We got 110 riders at Wolf by internet and word of mouth without a single flyer. After the race was over, I ran into 30-40 people asking what the date for the race was going to be....they had no idea cause all they go by is bike shops.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
OK...little FYI. I'm going to plan a trail building session at Sugar the weekend of OKTOBERFEST (they serve beer and party). They usually run the lifts that weekend and we will cut trail from the TOP of the mountain. I'll let the masses know when I get the go ahead from the mountain to cut. Me & Jeremy walked it out and found exactly where to put everything. We even found a simple way out of Lizard's Lane that nobody ever bothered to fix before...a virtual straight shot. We banked it in a little with rocks and it's set to go.

We walked the whole mountain looking for places to cut trail. Race run...alternate stuff to link together, etc.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
bizutch said:
OK...little FYI. I'm going to plan a trail building session at Sugar the weekend of OKTOBERFEST (they serve beer and party). They usually run the lifts that weekend and we will cut trail from the TOP of the mountain. I'll let the masses know when I get the go ahead from the mountain to cut. Me & Jeremy walked it out and found exactly where to put everything. We even found a simple way out of Lizard's Lane that nobody ever bothered to fix before...a virtual straight shot. We banked it in a little with rocks and it's set to go.

We walked the whole mountain looking for places to cut trail. Race run...alternate stuff to link together, etc.
That's October 9th. I'll try to make it.

hurley64

Chimp
Sep 4, 2003
so no more excrusiatingly slow pedaling past the little brown building leaving lizards lane?

How about fixing the jump on the slope so it flows better?

John

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
bizutch said:

Let me know when you get approval and I can post details on the site. It looks like I am free to come help for the day :cool:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
hurley64 said:
so no more excrusiatingly slow pedaling past the little brown building leaving lizards lane?

John
What we did, we did by hand.
You know how you go left around that big tree, through that super slow corner, and then pedal out of lizard's lane.
We stacked up rocks to the right of the tree, so you just shoot up and
give a couple of pedal strokes out. Way easier.
As far as the jump, we are not sure if we are just going to take it through the woods there instead, that jump blows, and will not me missed.
Sugar has great terrain and a good course, it just needs some tweaking to improve the flow. The trail down from the top can be awesome, if it is done right. Maybe we can have a work day up there before Octoberfest, then finish it that day, ride it and crack brews at the bottom.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
hurley64 said:

John
You get shot almopst straight across the creek and out...no more "up over a hump, turn left down into gully, then turn right up and across rocks to uphill to little more uphill". We just ramped up some rocks on the right of the tree and cleared a shot to the exit...You can roll all the way to the last 5 feet and give a pedal kick or two out. After we did it...we sort of looked at it and said...."how come nobody thought of that?" Me and Jeremy have put in so many hours building DH it's not funny. :evil:

As for that jump....it's about # 32 or #33 on my list of things to do. They do that with the tractor, but I'll be happy to mention it.

Sprocket

Chimp
Nov 7, 2001
Raleigh, NC
bcd,

I didn't have any shots of Vermont or flowers posted. What were you looking at? Did someone sneak flowers into my downhill shots?! :confused:

Butch,

Great job on the trail efforts at Sugar. You're right, it has a lot of potential as well as some more vertical at the top.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Sprocket said:
bcd,

I didn't have any shots of Vermont or flowers posted. What were you looking at? Did someone sneak flowers into my downhill shots?! :confused:

Butch,

Great job on the trail efforts at Sugar. You're right, it has a lot of potential as well as some more vertical at the top.
i was looking at the VT gallery in the gravitypilot site. sorry.

someone else did those i think.