Quantcast

Dorado Springs

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
Hi Guys,

I am new to this site and looking for feedback regarding chaging springs in my 2002 Manitou Dorado.

I weigh 165lbs and ride mainly recrational DH with an occasional Masters "Old Timers" DH Race thrown in.

I thought about replacing one of the two stock springs in my manitou with a softer one, does it make a difference whether I replace the top or bottom one ?

Regards,

karl

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
It shouldn't, the spring stack is composed of 2 of the same size springs if i'm not mistaken. I don't see how it would matter if you swapped the bottom or top one. I've left mine stock and like it, I'm about 175.

cluzboy

Chimp
Oct 1, 2005
Hi Guys,

I just bought a brand new 2005 dorado DH, i weight 143 lbs (65kg) and i'm wondering if i would need to change the springs ? (i often have to replace them on the others forks)

do the 2005 models have 2 springs (or more) like the older version ? I saw that the spring ref. are different between 2003 and 2005, can someone confirm me that the springs aren't the same ?

Thank you.
Pierre.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Single spring on the newer chasis Dorado.

Makes no difference the order of the two springs in the older forks!!

A.P.B

Chimp
Jan 6, 2006
Looking for set of soft springs (Or just the one spring) for 05 manitou dorado 180 mm. Mantiou does not have them and nobody else on line seems to have them either let me know if you have any ideas where to get them or if some body want to swap springs.

cluzboy

Chimp
Oct 1, 2005
I ordered 2 sets of 2 springs for mine last week to a German shop. According to him, his reseller have got them.

In other case you can ask someone to make them, you just have to check the correct size of the spring and its rate.

A.P.B

Chimp
Jan 6, 2006
Heard that already bought making them any idea on the measurements and spring rate for a soft spring?