Quantcast

Dorado question.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
How long does it take for a dorado to break in?
I bought a brand new 2003 dorado a while ago and I think Ive got about 10 days of riding on it.
The compression and rebound still feel really sticky (with the right spring) and especially the rebound is way too slow (and yes I have the rebound fully opend/closed/whatever).
Could it be that it just needs servicing because it has been sitting in a store for 3 years or does it need more brake in time?
I rather not take it apart myself cause Ill probably wont be able to put it back toghether. :D

Bernard

Chimp
Nov 13, 2004
The Netherlands
Changing oil and greasing it, makes some difference.... but...

You know what to do!! "Bikeright" is the magic word!!!

Good luck in Ilmenau!!!

Laat die duitsers maar is zien wij Keevin is!!!

BadFastard

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Belgium
Kevin said:
How long does it take for a dorado to break in?
I bought a brand new 2003 dorado a while ago and I think Ive got about 10 days of riding on it.
The compression and rebound still feel really sticky (with the right spring) and especially the rebound is way too slow (and yes I have the rebound fully opend/closed/whatever).
Could it be that it just needs servicing because it has been sitting in a store for 3 years or does it need more brake in time?
I rather not take it apart myself cause Ill probably wont be able to put it back toghether. :D
Talk to Martijn Kevin,

He'll sort you out.
Maybe you need lighter oil, or the shim stack cleaned after it has been sitting in the shop. He can also change the shim stack for you, so you'll be allright.

any riding planned, mate?

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Thnx Orven I allready found your thread and its really helpfull if your not a complete hack like me.
I really hate doing anything on my bike especially stuff like forks, breaks etc.
I have the thread in my bookmarks though in case I ever get brave enough to try it out myself :P

Ey BF!
Yes I got tons of riding planned. Ive been riding every weekend since we went to BWB.
Todtnau, Winterberg, Willingen, even did the SBF 4x race at Bergschenhoek to the quarters. I just cant seem to enough of it this year.
Im leaving for Ilmenau this evening with Daniel for a downhill race. (MTB Riders Cup)
Next weekend is World Cup weekend ofcourse Ill probably see you there?
Steve's bringing me some extra Jupiler so its bound to be a cool weekend :drool: (just gotta beware of fat ugly German chiks hitting on me when Im drunk. Beer is not good for your eyes...)

Bernard, poedeliewoepsie!
Sorry you cant make it this weekend mate. But plenty of races still to come, we'll kick some German ass later this season for sure!

I allready gave Bikeright a call and Ill probably bring m my dorado next week.
I know Martijn can tune up my dorado like magic but Id feel stupid bringing in a fork that hasnt even been broken in. especially since its my first time on a dorado.

Thnx