Quantcast

Done

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Super sexy. Makes me want to paint mine white.

You won't be dissapointed with the Roco, matched with the 888 in the front made my Sunday the most stable, ripping bike EVER.. yes, ever.

Check your cable/chainstay wrap though. You can search, or I'm sure there's a link in the sunday-sticky-thread. Use surgical tube over the housing to keep your chain from shredding it.

AlexYuen

Chimp
Jan 13, 2005
What??
wow, if you are in all white outfit, you would be completely invisible in the snow.
Super sexy. Makes me want to paint mine white.

You won't be dissapointed with the Roco, matched with the 888 in the front made my Sunday the most stable, ripping bike EVER.. yes, ever.

Check your cable/chainstay wrap though. You can search, or I'm sure there's a link in the sunday-sticky-thread. Use surgical tube over the housing to keep your chain from shredding it.

dhmtbiker9

Chimp
Dec 8, 2006
Well I rode a couple of times with the 5th and finally got the ROCO.Just putting the ROCO on I could feel the differance.If my 5th came tuned for dw, and my ROCO is stock, why is the ROCO faster in rebound and dampeing?I am going to change oil to a lighter weight so there will be better adjustment.I like my bike to feel fast in rebound and dampening. This makes the bike stay glued to the ground.The bike weighed in at 42 pounds.If you have any advise on oils please help me out. Thanks DH9

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Well I rode a couple of times with the 5th and finally got the ROCO.Just putting the ROCO on I could feel the differance.If my 5th came tuned for dw, and my ROCO is stock, why is the ROCO faster in rebound and dampeing?I am going to change oil to a lighter weight so there will be better adjustment.I like my bike to feel fast in rebound and dampening. This makes the bike stay glued to the ground.The bike weighed in at 42 pounds.If you have any advise on oils please help me out. Thanks DH9
If you search around for "roco" and/or "redline" you will find a few threads with pretty detailed discussions on the sunday/roco setup.

I'm using Redline shock oil. What they call the 2.5 wt and "Like Water" mixed in a ratio of about 3:1. This is to lighten it up a leeetttle bit more and give more room for tuning.

I'm running it with the compression knob all the way out, and it feels really good, but I want it a little more progressive on high speed stuff. So, next time I change the oil, I'm going to try to decrease the chamber air volume a bit (more detail in other threads) which will make it more progressive, especially on high speed hits.

Just do a search, if you have questions feel free to ask.