Quantcast

Does it really take 5 hrs to get to P-kill from Montreal?

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
wow...that's cool. I hear P-Kill has killer riding!

But then again, you barely have the freedom of riding 4 hours to Whistler to ride, what makes you think you'll be able to go to P-Kill? :devil:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
That does it. You are now banned from riding in Canada.

Acadian said:
wow...that's cool. I hear P-Kill has killer riding!

But then again, you barely have the freedom of riding 4 hours to Whistler to ride, what makes you think you'll be able to go to P-Kill? :devil:

foesrider

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
north east mass.
5 hrs sounds about rite....it's around 4 hrs from boston..as for bromont being better than pkill...bromont has more elevation..it's fast and flowy...cool bridges ..a few drops and kickers..and pkill may not be as big but for what it lacks in size it makes up in abundance or trails,drops,jumps and stunts....i've been there at least a half dozen weekends and every time i go i fined new trails and drops.. from 2 ft to 10 ft.. all over the mountain..the place has soooo much it's hard to ride it all in one weekend..it's a great place to hone your skills cuz it has a lot of everything ....don't get me wrong i love bromont..but if you've never been to platty..what the hell you waiting for get your a$$ down there ..you definitely wont regret it..it's worth every minute of a 5 hour drive

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
MMike said:
P-kill is smaller than Bromont?? Son of a bitch....that's it... I'm not moving home....

It may be smaller but the riding is still pretty much at par with anywhere ive ever been. There are other big mountains around montreal as well.... ex Whiteface

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Im dying to go to Whiteface. It sounds awesome. 5 hours is right too, I remember some people complaining about it back in the day. Its about 5 from Boston too.

dw

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
MMike said:
Hmm. I had no idea that Iceface had riding...that's good to know!

Mt. Ste Anne should be pretty decent too. I would hope anyway!
They did a lot of new trails this year in Mont Ste-Anne, killer stuff that most Bromont riders aren't able to ride cause its so steep and technical. Deffinatly go to Ste-Anne, 2.5 hour drive max.

When you comin home?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Jozz said:
They did a lot of new trails this year in Mont Ste-Anne, killer stuff that most Bromont riders aren't able to ride cause its so steep and technical. Deffinatly go to Ste-Anne, 2.5 hour drive max.

When you comin home?
I fly home for good on the 25th....

And Mt. Ste Anne is steep eh? I'll take that challenge....

- Lower Joyride/Snoqualmie Black Forest Guy

foesrider

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
north east mass.
when i was at bromont. some of the local guys were saying that mt. st. anne has like twice the elevation of bromont and twice the amount of trails..i'd definitely like to check that place out but that is a loooong way from the Boston area

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
MMike said:
Plattekill.....hmmm.... is it a coincidence that "plate" is boring in french?
Just let me know when your going. You won't be bored...........unless of course you can't handle the good trails in which case you may be. :p

Yanick

Chimp
Sep 11, 2001
Laval, Qc.
MMIKE flying to Montreal!!! WOO OOOO!

we have to met this time, any riding place, Bromont, MSA, ValléP... DOH! this one is close now.

I'm in vacation next 2 weeks, and planning to bike and paddle a lot, so drop me an email where I can contact you for planning a riding date.

see you :thumb:

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
MMike said:
Hmm. I had no idea that Iceface had riding...that's good to know!

Mt. Ste Anne should be pretty decent too. I would hope anyway!
Mont saint anne eats up both bromont and p-kill and spits them out

don't get me wrong i've ridden them all extensively and love them all to death but you have not seen techinical until you ride MSA , the world cup course alone will eat 98% of the riders out there, then there are all the marked and non marked trails

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
sirbikealot said:
the world cup course alone will eat 98% of the riders out there
and is that supposed to be considered "fun"? :think:

Considering the fact that I like riding at N*, I'd have to say that technical/challenging runs appeal to me - But do or die type of runs don't do it for me...