Quantcast

Does anyone remember bikes from the 80's??

Aug 22, 2002
Remember the bicycle you had when you were a kid that had the number plate, the fake gas tank and the shocks that barely moved. I had one when I was a kid and I'm trying to find one.

Anyone out there know what their real name is?

I just remember that thing being a huge tank. I loved it.

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
I remember I wanted the one that was painted up in Evel Kenevel's red white and blue colors.... never did get one though!

Those bikes kicked a$$ though! The one I wanted even came standard with the throttle noise maker on the bike! Where can I get one of THOSE these days?

:D

May 9, 2003
KENT'S EAST HILL
Originally posted by shutupandride
Remember the bicycle you had when you were a kid that had the number plate, the fake gas tank and the shocks that barely moved. I had one when I was a kid and I'm trying to find one.

I THINK THEY WERE MADE BY HUFFY?

KFulch

Chimp
Jul 10, 2002
NC
I had a bike that was a dirtbike frame with big knobbies along with a front shock in 81. I wish I had pics. All I remember is the thing weighed a ton.

No mtb for me in the 80's.

I was sporting my Dyno Compe II, GT everywhere (grips, seat, tires, brake pads...hell I even had a wall clock), skyway tuffwheels, odi mushrooms...

When I moved into the dorm my first year of college, my wonderful mother gave it away.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Man I used to have this bike it was green with speckled silver flake in it. It had a way long bannanna seat, and the front tire was like 16" dia and the back was like 22". The back tire was flat like a drag racing tire and the front was kind of rounded. Man that thing rocked, I kept hoping in cleaning out my gramp's house we would find it. I never did....

It was more of a 70's bike.

Suey74

Chimp
Jul 6, 2016

Thread is a little old but the bike you're talking about is the Sears 850 Monoshock

Attachments

bigwheel

Monkey
May 24, 2004
Canada
Some friends and I had the Sears moto look suspension bikes. Shocks?! it's time for bigger jumps! wearing hockey gear and snowmobile helmets. The plastic bits on the bikes didn't last long.