Quantcast

Does anyone make CNC levers for the new saint?

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
I used to run straightline levers which I loved.
I now run the new style shimano brakes which are great but I cant find anyone who makes a CNC style lever.
Does anyone make it?

Looks like this

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Contact Tyler at Twenty6, I'm sure he's got something in the works.
I rode with him about a month ago here in Spokane, and asked him that exact question. He said that not only is he super pinned with the stuff he has going on (2 cnc machines running 24/7 on two shifts!) but the new XT and Saint levers are not the simple affairs that they were on the previous generation, now they have a separate piece riveted to the lever making it difficult and costly for him (or anyone really) to make an after market version. Perhaps in '10 or '11 someone will get something going.

godfather

Chimp
Jul 2, 2009
I rode with him about a month ago here in Spokane, and asked him that exact question. He said that not only is he super pinned with the stuff he has going on (2 cnc machines running 24/7 on two shifts!) but the new XT and Saint levers are not the simple affairs that they were on the previous generation, now they have a separate piece riveted to the lever making it difficult and costly for him (or anyone really) to make an after market version. Perhaps in '10 or '11 someone will get something going.
Same question, same conversation with Tyler, and same answer, because the levers are riveted, it's very difficult to replace them, so for the time being, it doesn't look like anyone will have what you want.

bismojo

Monkey
May 5, 2009
just to share,

i asked straitline via email and he (greg) said it's on the works, but it was long time ago (1 year or so)

agree that the new one (xt and saint) bends easily, that's why i'm using 2009 saint 4pot calipers with old saint levers (with straitline blades) for my dh bike.

cheers..