Quantcast

does any body know anything about draco ind. bikes

intensem1

Monkey
Oct 15, 2006
I saw a couple of their frames on pink bike and there preety sick,i just cant find and revies or info on them.

563 740

Chimp
Jul 23, 2002
North of Albany
FULL DISCLAIMER: The material presented here-in is dated in content and should be taken as such. I make every attempt to not spread mis-information, but the following will at best be damn-near hearsay.

Anyways - I met the dudes behind Draco a few years ago at Plattekill. They were bros from Rochester designing & building their own frames, a hardtail & DH that I know of. They hit the scene, made some noise, then I never heard much about them again. I have been out of the scene for a year or two now myself, so for all I know they're back alive & kickin. They had somewhat of a Pinkbike presence and some posts on here - try searching here if you haven't already.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I saw some guy at plattekill riding their DH bike, i stoped and looked at it for a while. The linkages were so trick and the chromo construction was choice. (only got to ride it around the parking lot :( )

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
Those kids on Pinkbike are just about rabid for Draco bikes. He's like a god to the little guys. Of course they also get boners over lingerie catalogs and can grease a cookie sheet with their faces so take it for what it's worth.

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
Please don't recommend Pinkbike as the main source of information on the company. One of our partners (there is three) is indeed a moderator over there and the users there certainly look up to him. He's earned quite a reputation over there, but it is a separate issue.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Please don't recommend Pinkbike as the main source of information on the company. One of our partners (there is three) is indeed a moderator over there and the users there certainly look up to him. He's earned quite a reputation over there, but it is a separate issue.
i dig the chrome.

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
Any prices for the DH bike? geo, weight info?
The downhill bike is set at 2250 w/ a Roco
We have one more available and are not scheduled to build anymore. We're moving into a sort of hiatus for a few years so we can all finish school and financially ground ourselves on an individual basis.

DH bike specs;

I believe the frame with shock came in at 10lbs. Andrew's red one (with the fox40, spinergy wheels, XO, etc) weighs about 40lbs

We'll be going to Rays sometime soon, possibly as soon as next weekend, to ride. If anybody's interested in playing around with the park setups, shoot me a message or something.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I saw some guy at plattekill riding their DH bike, i stoped and looked at it for a while. The linkages were so trick and the chromo construction was choice. (only got to ride it around the parking lot :( )
that was me and this is the bike:

http://derpbrap.com/bike/DSC00201.JPG

I've been riding it most of the season and it's held up amazingly well. no signs of any problems. paint is worn but thats to be expected from a dh bike. needs a few minor geometry specs for my liking, but it rides great. if you have any questions about the ride characteristics i'll field them, i've spent the most time on the bike out of anyone.