Quantcast

Do you spend more time on the bike or playing video games?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I channel surfed to the Major League Gaming contest, where they were playing Halo 2.

I was thinking, wow, no mountain biking on tv but guys playing video games.

Anyone spend more time playing video games than riding and working on bikes?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
given that i have played 0 hours of video games since finishing GT4 over a year (two years?) ago, the bike would win.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Bike wins in the summer, video games easily win in the winter. 30 mins or so rolling a day doesn't add up to much. Sometimes I use a trainer and multitask..riding AND video games!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I only play quality games which don't come around often. Last game I spent time on was Half Life 2. I watch about a hour of TV a week if that. I average about a movie a month at the most.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Video games by far. After breaking my hand and not racing all summer then getting back on the bike only to hurt my foot playing soccer kinda killed my riding till next spring.

Madden 2007, Fifa 07, Gears of War on 360 are my main 3 in rotation.

god i'm a nerd

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
No play da video games...cant keep up with the 14 y/o, he makes too much fun of me! But then again, he cant pedal!
You saw Halo 2 being played on t.v? There is something very wrong and somewhat sickening about a society that televises competitive video gaming. And poker, and paintball, and NASCAR...
:rant: :bonk: :rant: :bonk:

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
I've been playing w/ the chainsaw more than anything recently (both "office" and home). My knees are acting up on the bike, so I've been running more than riding and I've never been a video game person......my absolute best is beating Mario Bros back in the day, twice!!

Bikebro

Chimp
Apr 13, 2005
Use to be alot more bike and barely any games. Saddly for the last few years I basically stoppped biking and have the man boobs and gut to prove it. Just moved to a new area and a new job so I'm gonna try really hard to get back to just biking. Well throw in alot of hiking to get in good enough shape to get my gamer ass up the climbs.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
What, you have never heard of someone giving extra effort? Being behind something 110%? He is just going all out, wringing max enjoyment from every fiber of every...ahh f#ck it...
:biggrin: :banana: :biggrin: :banana:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I game about once a month. Even though I haven't ridden much with my knee jacked, I would say I ride 4x more than I play games.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Mostly just game at drunken parties now (hardly ever :) ), so I do more bike stuff for sure. I generally only seriously played releases in the GTA, GT, Battlefront and SSX series, and dropped 'em once I played through them. Bike hours would beat gaming hours on the whole pretty easily.

However the PS3 launches over here in March... I feel a temporary reversal might occur around that time, especially if Rockstar deliver a new GTA.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
video games for the win!!! i only can ride on the weekends with my work schedule, and i play the three sixty for about one to two hours a night before i go to bed, and on the weekends usually when i wake up.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
After not owning a video game console since the original NES, I bought a refurbed XBox over 1 1/2 years ago. It's seen MAYBE 8 hours of playtime since.