Quantcast
  1. The site migration has been completed successfully from vBulletin to XenForo. Please be patient with the site speed until we have finished rebuilding all of the caches - it may take a few hours. If you had previously linked your Facebook account, you will have to set it up again.

Click here for more information.
  2. The new Classifieds are in place! The goal was to provide the best balance of usability and convenience - many liked the forum system, but some preferred the granularity of the newer classifieds. Hopefully this provides a good balance.

Sorry, data was not migrated from the old system. Please re-list your items.

Check out the new Classifieds here!

Do you recommend bikesdecals.com ?

Discussion in 'The Shop' started by gloryride, Mar 22, 2011.

1. gloryride New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Hi,

I am in front of order at bikesdecals.com, where I want to buy decals for my Sunday. Do you recommend this shop ? How long it would take them to ship the item ?

Maybe some other source where I can find decals for IH Sunday ?

Thanks...
    #1 Mar 22, 2011   
  2. Routier07 New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Ive delt with Owen at Slik Graphics for some Fork decals and they came out beyond what I expected... The prices were also very competitive. Shipping was reasonably quick from the UK to Canada.

Their decals are printed on very thick, durable vinyl.

Heres the link to their Custom Sunday decal kit. Your choice of color, etc.
    http://www.slikgraphics.com/product/custom-ironhorse-sunday-decal-kit
    #2 Mar 22, 2011   
  3. gloryride New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Still, does anybody bought from bikesdecals.com and can reccomend them ?

I am worry is this a scam or something...
    #3 Mar 24, 2011   
  4. lalocotequinta New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    I just did, it took about ten days for them to arrive but I am pretty satisfied with their quality and price.
    #4 Mar 26, 2011   
  5. BmxConvert New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    I know this was posted a while ago but I'm sure someone will search for it and could use the information.

I ordered on April 6th 2 sets of Boxxer decals and 2 sets of IronHorse Sunday decals. Today is the 26th and I have not received anything other than a PayPal confirmation that my payment was received.
    I'm sure that I saw 3 different shipping times listed. One said 2-5 days, one was 2-5 weeks and one was 20 days. I'll take some pictures when they show up.
    #5 Apr 26, 2011   
  6. BmxConvert New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    The decals showed up today in a bent and folded envelope. There was some foam in the envelope to help keep the decals "safe" but it had about the same effect as building a log cabin from balsa wood.

I ordered 2 pre-35mm Boxxer kits and 2 Sunday kits.
    The Boxxer kits are not nearly as thick as stock but they look good. I haven't compared them side by side for shape yet.
    The Sunday decals seem... quite undersized. I don't have the frame right now as it is in paint. The font is correct. Once I get the frame back from paint I'll post up what they look like.
    #6 Apr 28, 2011   
  7. bullcrew New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    goin back to cali, cali, cali, goin back to cali!
    any pics?

i just ordered sx trail decals my sx is going in for powder coat next week and figured id give em a shot.
    #7 May 21, 2011   
  8. CanadaGuy New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    I just recieved a set of decals for my Wilson in the mail from bikesdecals.com. Shipping was really quick and the decals were packaged well enough between some foam and cardboard inside a cardboard envelope.

As far as decal quality goes I don't think they are remotely close to the quality of the decals that come from Devinci directly. I needed a few decals that Devinci didn't have in stock so I ordered a set from bikesdecals. Comparing them side by side to the ones Devinci sent me they look like they won't be very durable since they seem to be made of much thinner material. Maybe if a clearcoat was done on top of the decals then they would last, but I went powdercoat so I didn't feel like clearcoating as well.

Another issue is that the vinyl the decals were cut out of seems to be really sticky/tacky on the non-adhesive side compared to the Devinci factory ones. The devinci ones are really smooth, but if you try to run your finger over the bikesdecals ones your fingers will stick to the material. I'm a bit worried that dirt will actually adhere to the decals instead of easily wiping off, but thats not the end of the world.

I'll see how durable they are after a season of riding and post back.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
    #8 Jun 20, 2011   
  9. ACHTUNG New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    I just ordered a decal kit from bikesdecals. I'll post my review once I receive them.
    #9 Mar 28, 2012