Quantcast

Dirty Bird DH race series update w/ pics and video

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
I posted something about this in The South, but I figured everyone here would appreciate the pictures at least. Hopefully some of you in the general area will consider coming out.

Dirty Bird Race Productions was started by four friends who have a passion for riding bikes, building trails, and promoting the off road cycling community in the High Country of NC and Beyond.

This year we are hosting a 3 race series at Hawksnest resort in Seven Devils, NC.

June 5-6
Aug 21-22
Hawk-o-ween Oct 30-31

For those of you unfamiliar with Hawksnest, it was formerly a ski resort, but now operates as a snow tubing park and zipline course. Hawksnest resort is in Seven Devils, NC, in the northwestern mountains of the state. Last year we built a really nice downhill track with a lot of tight berms, big jumps, and plenty of classic WNC rocks and roots. This year we plan to offer a different track for each race, beginning with the original track on June 5-6. A shuttle system and professional timing will be provided. Cash payout for pros. If you're interested in more information, visit www.dirtybirddh.com or check us out on facebook (dirty bird race productions).

Check out pics and video from last year's race: http://ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217899&highlight=dirty+bird

The new "pro DH" track we're working on

Also, discounted pre-registration is available through paypal this year. Information is available on our website.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Good stuff Mueller.
Just want to add that WindRock is a few hours away so if you live far away and want to double-stack destinations on the same trip , a Hawksnest race and WindRock is a hell of a good time.:thumb:

Good call Loo, that would make a helluva road trip to the south. Polar opposite trails but both are sick!

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Me! Stoked about timing you fools anyway...

I'll be treating my gore-tex this week...crossing our fingers for good weather but we all know what that means.

danennis

Chimp
Aug 29, 2009
brevard
I'll be packing multiple sets of mud spikes and raincoats just to make sure it doesn't rain. either way though this race is gonna go off!!

see yall fri afternoon, ill have a cooler full of cream ale ready...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Me! Stoked about timing you fools anyway...

I'll be treating my gore-tex this week...crossing our fingers for good weather but we all know what that means.
Wife took me on thre 9 A.M. shuttles in the pouring rain this morning as prep for the weekend. I couldn't find any dirt the consistency of a 3 Muskateers bar though. I think you should call the poop shoot after the last woods berm leading down to the trips "Nooget".:thumb: