Quantcast

Diablo goggles

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
I guess he couldn't take the money from Diablo so he decided to sport the goggles instead. Am I the only one that thinks when viewing race courses like the Worlds that Eastern PA, Northern NJ and Southeast NY with their big rocks, roots and overall technical ratings make the rest of the downhill courses in the world look a little, well, FLAT?SMOOTH?

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
I guess he couldn't take the money from Diablo so he decided to sport the goggles instead. Am I the only one that thinks when viewing race courses like the Worlds that Eastern PA, Northern NJ and Southeast NY with their big rocks, roots and overall technical ratings make the rest of the downhill courses in the world look a little, well, FLAT?SMOOTH?
Watch Earthed 3. There are some gangly-ass courses over in Europe, let me tell you—

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
Plus Hill had an average speed of 21.60 Mph for a 5 minute run. Don't know where you can do that in your area.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
yeah so now what everyone is going to make a pilgrimage to diablo to pick up a pair of goggles, to go with their troy lee kit and sunday world cup?

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
Yeah I know several dirt roads around here that you could average faster than 21.9352u08u90 miles per hour. I'm not comparing or saying what is better, I'm just stating it's hard for manufacturers to build machines more equipped for areas like our in the northeast, causing some of the northeast resorts to actually "tame" their events. Can you say "rock garden" they don't race that anymore because it was too "technical and dangerous". Again not saying whether speed is proper downhill racing or technical just making an observation, I've raced all over and the northeast just takes so much more out of you.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
yea we (northeastern) do have some pretty sick rock gardens. heres a pic of "cannonball trail" about 10 mins from my house. and yes its all natural.

[/IMG]

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
Diablo doesn't really have that many rocks. Mostly fire roads really from what I've seen....

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
is woof riding the same trails that we are riding when visiting Diablo? no it's not the rockiest but FIREROADS? If you really want a treat try traveling to Jim Thorpe PA and riding Psyco Betty's Revenge, on a cross country bike at that, can you say 1.2 miles of trail off the side of the mountain that resembles the picture posted earlier? by the way does anyone have a picture of yardsale to send to woof?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
i dont have a picture of it but has woof ever been to diablo? theres one trail there that seriously looks like an old dried up water bed. you go left of upper breakout and its just FULL of rocks. alll the way down to the sram berm. i dont know what the trail is called but i never went down it again.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
i dont have a picture of it but has woof ever been to diablo? theres one trail there that seriously looks like an old dried up water bed. you go left of upper breakout and its just FULL of rocks. alll the way down to the sram berm. i dont know what the trail is called but i never went down it again.

Yeah that waterbed sections used to be so much fun last year. THis year all the rock has been moved to the right, its not fun/technical anymore.

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
Yeah now that's the old yardsale that I remember, I think one of the times I was a Diablo with "Crash" he took me down a trail that was nearly that rocky once. I don't know which one it was but it was off to the left when you got off the chairlift, this was 3 years ago though so the trail may not be there anymore. Diablo is definitely on my list of most technical trails available, not just one or two spots but large sections of technical.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
diablos got a lot of absurd crazy rock gardens, none are as steep as yardsale nor do they have quite as many big rocks, but they're awesome. Utah's gotta be my favorite of the ones i've ridden.