Quantcast

DHX AIR Shock

GodSmack

Chimp
May 27, 2013
BC
I got a frame with a DHX 5 air shock. I find if I set the air pressure high to prevent bottoming on the dhx circuit the shock does not absorb small frequency very well. I have backed off the ifp chamber and set the rebound to fast. This helps but have not tried doing a big drop yet.
If I were to replace this shock would the RP 23 give me the same problem? I like the pro pedal lever versus spinin a knob.
Any one using the roco tst shock?

Moosey

Chimp
Jan 4, 2013
My friend used a DHX air, and we could never get good small bump and big hit absorption at the same time, it was either one or the other. I however, have ridden 3 roco air shocks, ROCO R on my compulsion, and a ROCO WORLD CUP on my Evil Revolt, and one on my Giant Faith (2011). All 3 times the shocks have been really good. It seems pretty easy to get good small bump compliance, as well as big hit. I'm running it soft right now because I'm doing a lot of techy DH stuff at the moment, and I forgot and hit a pretty big road gap (10 feet down, 20 feet out) and cased the **** out of it, and it didn't bottom out.

Rocos are pretty dialed shocks, but I can't say anything about an RP 23.

GodSmack

Chimp
May 27, 2013
BC
My friend used a DHX air, and we could never get good small bump and big hit absorption at the same time, it was either one or the other. I however, have ridden 3 roco air shocks, ROCO R on my compulsion, and a ROCO WORLD CUP on my Evil Revolt, and one on my Giant Faith (2011). All 3 times the shocks have been really good. It seems pretty easy to get good small bump compliance, as well as big hit. I'm running it soft right now because I'm doing a lot of techy DH stuff at the moment, and I forgot and hit a pretty big road gap (10 feet down, 20 feet out) and cased the **** out of it, and it didn't bottom out.

Rocos are pretty dialed shocks, but I can't say anything about an RP 23.
Thanx man. Looks like im shopping for a Roco.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
The DHX air has always been tough to set up. I eventually sent mine to Craig at Avalanche to get it tuned to my frame and it's been working well. Did you buy the frame with shock new or was it used?

GodSmack

Chimp
May 27, 2013
BC
The DHX air has always been tough to set up. I eventually sent mine to Craig at Avalanche to get it tuned to my frame and it's been working well. Did you buy the frame with shock new or was it used?
Got it used and cheap as borsch! Avalanche makes guts for front and rear shocks. Avy,s stuff is da bomb!
I can get a used Roco for 200 bucks.
Putting Avy guts in any rear shock is gold.