Quantcast

DHX air loss

TNash1757

Chimp
Mar 19, 2006
so my DHX loses about 40 psi over night. I changed out the valve and it still loses air. The shock only has about 5 rides on it. Anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
is this from the main air chamber or boost valve? it could be from attaching the air pump, some air from the shox will have to go into the pump to give a pressure reading. and hence a drop in pressure. does it drop 40psi when you check the reading straight after?

TNash1757

Chimp
Mar 19, 2006
yes it will drop if i put the pump back on but it will also drop more as I am riding. I only lose about 5 psi when removing the pump on my other bike and about 10 when removing it from the old 5th element that was on my sunday.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Which chamber are you talking about? main or boost?

If it's the main air chamber, you can service it yourself - find the online manual on foxracingshox.com and order an air sleeve service kit, should be relatively cheap. You should get seals, and a float fluid pillow pack.

If it's the boost chamber it'll need to go in for a rebuild, unless you can rebuild yourself - probably just involve replacing the o-rings on the piggy endcap and/or valve core.

Good luck!

TNash1757

Chimp
Mar 19, 2006
Thanks for the info. I thought only the float had the air sleeve? This is a coil dhx. Your probably thinking its is the air, sorry I didnt specify. If I can do it myself and it doesnt void the warranty I definately want to so I dont have to ride on my blown 5th while Fox takes half the season to fix it.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
did u run the pressure too low. i heard that if u run under a certain amount the oil can go into the air valve and fox will have to fix it. i guess if the oil can go into the air the air can more into the oil?

TNash1757

Chimp
Mar 19, 2006
nah I dont think I rode it under the 75psi minimum, unless it dropped below that while I was riding and didnt realize it until i checked the pressure before the next ride.