Quantcast

DH Races in Germany/Belgium

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
Any of you guys living in Europe know of any small cup races or local ones around the Germany/Belgium area? Couldn't find much info other than the King of The Bike Park series which I am already going to do. Driving down for the Austria/Switzerland Cup races is a bit of a money stretch for me. The dh-rangers site doesn't seem to get updated that often... Thanks for any help.

zoidberg

Chimp
Mar 23, 2005
Denmark
There's the North Shore Cup in northern Germany, but there's only one race left. I haven't been to any of the races, so i don't really know much about it, but i'm probably going down for the final race in Flensburg, as it's only an hour away.

caballero

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
good ol' europe
http://www.mtb-rider.net/html/modules.php?name=Kalender

Austria:
10.07.05 - Forsteralm DH (Austria Cup)
18.09.05 - Afritz DH (Austria Cup)

Germany:
03.07.05 - Bischofsmais DH (King of Bikepark Series)
17.07.05 - Rittershausen (mtb-rider cup)
31.07.05 - Todtnau (King of Bikepark Series) ....this course is awesome
07.08.05 - Lauscha (mtb-rider cup)
14.08.05 - Tabarz (mtb-rider cup)
21.08.05 - Bad Wildbad (King of Bikepark Series)
18.09.05 - Feuerberg (King of Bikepark Series)

Switzerland:
-> www.ixsdownhillcup.ch

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Theres a few good races in Belgium too.
In 2 weeks theres a race in Boullion, and theres a cool race in Namur in september.
The races are different from German races though, the tracks are easyer and the riding level is a lot lower. But still good fun.
In Germany offcourse theres all the King of Bike park races and the MTB rider cup which are all nice races really. You should at least try and race Rittershausen, Todtnau, BadWildBad and if you can make it on such short notice go up to Bischofmais this weekend cause it just rocks.If you need more info you can allways PM me.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Kevin said:
In 2 weeks theres a race in Boullion, and theres a cool race in Namur in september.
The races are different from German races though, the tracks are easyer and the riding level is a lot lower. But still good fun.
In Germany offcourse theres all the King of Bike park races and the MTB rider cup which are all nice races really. You should at least try and race Rittershausen, Todtnau, BadWildBad and if you can make it on such short notice go up to Bischofmais this weekend cause it just rocks.If you need more info you can allways PM me.
looks like i m in for this weekend at winterberg mate... i ll prolly head up saturday and camp sat night... you still on ??? camping or hotel ???

later

partsbara

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
Kevin said:
I'll be at Bischofmais this weekend from friday on. Todtnau should be a blast. Looking forward to Bad Wildbad in the way that you look forward to getting with a girl that will scratch you, then pull out your hair and punt you in the nuts after you're done..

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
sayndesyn said:
I'll be at Bischofmais this weekend from friday on. Todtnau should be a blast. Looking forward to Bad Wildbad in the way that you look forward to getting with a girl that will scratch you, then pull out your hair and punt you in the nuts after you're done..

Haha yeah BWB is a bit nasty I guess, but its also one of the nicest tracks in Germany imo.
To bad I cant make it to Bischofmais this weekend because of work, its to far a drive for me without taking a few days off..

partsbara said:
looks like i m in for this weekend at winterberg mate... i ll prolly head up saturday and camp sat night... you still on ??? camping or hotel ???

later

partsbara

Ill be there from saturday morning, prolly sleep in my van.
Maybee Ill take a pension or something if I smell to bad and cant find a place to swim/wash. :sneaky:
Cya there

P'z

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
cool kev... you taking the hardtail as well ??? i m thinkin of taking the dher and the jump bike...

btw, what size is your v10 ??? is it ano or PC ?? i m toying with the idea of a new DH frame :)

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I dont know if Ilm taking the hardtail, depends on who's coming with me cause I only have so much room in my van and I might bring my minibike too.
My v10 is a size Medium and you can try this weekend if you want to but I think it might be a little on the small side for ya.
Its black ano btw...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
thanks kev... yeah i did a bit of looking around and found that photo earlier... looks sweet... did you buy it through the US or in europe ???

might just take ya up on that offer :)

'ave a good one..

partsbara

Bernard

Chimp
Nov 13, 2004
The Netherlands
Hi Kev,

Seems like you know everything about downhill in germany and belgium.

So I've got a question.

I'm gay and looking foor gay races. Which one is the best to go to?

BJ

zoidberg

Chimp
Mar 23, 2005
Denmark
partsbara said:
I'm going to Winterberg for the first time this weekend, do you know any good camping sites near Winterberg or Willingen?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
zoidberg said:
I'm going to Winterberg for the first time this weekend, do you know any good camping sites near Winterberg or Willingen?
i haven t done it before but i m going to camp in the car park... i doubt i ll be greeted with open arms, but i honestly don t care...

i m a cheap fugger... :)

i m on a black tomac 204... black truck...

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Bernard said:
Hi Kev,

Seems like you know everything about downhill in germany and belgium.

So I've got a question.

I'm gay and looking foor gay races. Which one is the best to go to?

BJ
Haha hey poedeliewoepsie! All races you go to are automaticaly gay :heart:
To bad I cant come this weekend or we could have shared a shower toghether. :thumb:

Across the street from the bikepark are some huge parkings, Ive camped there before and they didnt make a problem out of it then. The are pretty far away from te road so I dont see any problems camping there.
See you guys there.

BadFastard

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Belgium
partsbara said:
i haven t done it before but i m going to camp in the car park... i doubt i ll be greeted with open arms, but i honestly don t care...

i m a cheap fugger... :)

i m on a black tomac 204... black truck...
hey Paul,

The old fart running the restaurant up at the lift will be yelling at ya in the morning, but who gives a flying fark about 'er.
Hope you can keep yer clothes dry, and don't have to ride in yer customized sleeping bag on sunday ;-)

you can also take a nap under the start area of the bob track, nice and quiet there.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
BadFastard said:
hey Paul,

The old fart running the restaurant up at the lift will be yelling at ya in the morning, but who gives a flying fark about 'er.
Hope you can keep yer clothes dry, and don't have to ride in yer customized sleeping bag on sunday ;-)

you can also take a nap under the start area of the bob track, nice and quiet there.
sweet mate... any chance of the belg contingent making an appearance ???

:)

later

paul

BadFastard

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Belgium
Don't think so, I'm about to go travelling, Patrick set up his shop this weekend and stevo's knees are stil fubar.... Dunno about ollie.
Anyways have a good one there!

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I think Ollie's still in france at a freeride event with 24.
Ive sent him a text message so maybee he'll be back in time.
Ill be there saturday round noon, and Ill try and bring a BBQ to eat some steaks before we open up some beers.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Kevin said:
I think Ollie's still in france at a freeride event with 24.
Ive sent him a text message so maybee he'll be back in time.
Ill be there saturday round noon, and Ill try and bring a BBQ to eat some steaks before we open up some beers.
i m in for the piss, but not the flesh :)... got any requests for american food or the likes ??? i ll prolly pick some sh1t up tomorrow... is there any american stuff ya craving ??? you know, all that yummy healthy american food :rolleyes: ;)

you like american beer ??? i detest the shiat, but if ya want any lemme know...

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Only jupilers for me mate. And maybee some cheap ass german beer from the local penny market.
I dont know if I can bring my BBQ since its still at a friend of mine so Im gonna have to see if I can pick it up before I go.
Cya there man.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
fark... 8am sat... weather looks a little dicey... don t want it to rain like it did last weekend... 50/50 at the moment... might bail, might take the chance it ll be clear...

you around kev ??

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
might be the go... dunno, looks like it might be light rain... have you checked the cams ???

you gonna go ??

fark this crappy euro weather... GIMMIE DUST !!!!

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Kevin said:
Hm I dunno.
It looks like crap on the cams and on wetter online.

Winterberg sucks in the rain.
yes it does :(.... jesus...

screw this crap, i m movin to socal ;)

gonna give today a miss then kev ??? i ll prolly just do a day trip tomorrow then if the weather looks better...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
eh kev... i tried to call the number ya PMed me for ya cell... i got a woman, and i didn t pick up what language she was speaking... do you have a home phone i can try ??? i m entertaining the idea of driving up later this afternoon / camping out and then riding sunday...

the weather looks a little better for tomorrow...