Quantcast

DH race schedule

igotabike

Chimp
Nov 8, 2003
atx
what races are ya'll hitting this year? im ready to go now. anybody going on a road trip to go practice somewhere?

mcdurly1

Chimp
Dec 8, 2001
Austin, TX
you ****er. where's your dh bike, or did you mean a xc road trip. we'll see about that comin' alive in 05' ****. by the way if you didnt notice its winter everywhere else.

igotabike

Chimp
Nov 8, 2003
atx
im glad that you were the first one to reply. im still laughing. i am going to challenge you to see which one of us makes more progress this year!

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
no news yet on the Arkansas series yet. actually i think it is changing to Midwest Racing .... something since they have expanded to 8 races including courses in OK and MO.

Cycle cyndiate has there schedule online now and so does Norba.

You should FOR SURE make it to the Chile Challenge and Final Descent in Angel Fire NM.

I think there is a bunch of us from DFW that are going to spectate at the World Cup Dh race at Angel Fire too. that's gonna be crazy. i hope they run the Chile Challenge on the WC course.

McT

Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
Texas
Jimmy_Pop said:
no news yet on the Arkansas series yet. actually i think it is changing to Midwest Racing .... something since they have expanded to 8 races including courses in OK and MO.

You should FOR SURE make it to the Chile Challenge and Final Descent in Angel Fire NM.

I think there is a bunch of us from DFW that are going to spectate at the World Cup Dh race at Angel Fire too. that's gonna be crazy. i hope they run the Chile Challenge on the WC course.
Whens all this stuff in Angel Fire going down? I can stay at my relatives in Albequr..(can spell that correvtly to save my life)...

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
2005 Race Dates Announced!
The race dates and locations of all the Cycle Cyndicate events have been announced! Cycle Cyndicate is committed to bringing you the best racing experience ever for the 2005 season! New for this season will be Super-D races at several of our events, in addition to time trials, cross country, downhill, short track, and mountain cross. Our events are being held in the Mountain States Cup Regional Championship Series, the NORBA National Mountain Bike Series, and also as stand-alone events not part of a series. Keep checking back as more information becomes available!

Event Location Date Disciplines
Tour of Canyonlands Moab, UT April 23 (TT)
Chile Challenge Angel Fire, NM June 4-5 (XC, DH, SD, MX)
Snowmass National Snowmass, CO July 23-24 (XC, STXC, DH, SD, MX)
Full Tilt in Telluride Telluride, CO July 30-31 (XC, DH, SD)
Blast the Mass Snowmass, CO August 20-21 (XC, DH, SD, MX)
Keystone Climax Keystone, CO September 3-5 (XC, DH, SD, MX)
Final Descent IV Angel Fire, NM October 1-2 (DH)

dirt ron

Chimp
Dec 23, 2004
igotabike said:
what races are ya'll hitting this year? im ready to go now. anybody going on a road trip to go practice somewhere?
I live in Houston, and want to do at least one race in Arkansas and am down for some road trips. Flat Creek ranch in Comfort is opening up soon. I have not ridden their DH course yet but would like to check it out.

igotabike

Chimp
Nov 8, 2003
atx
when is the world cup race in angelfire? EVERYBODY from texas should go to this. it will truly be a rare event maybe a once in a lifetime type thing. my two trips to durango are pretty much the highlights of my mtb life and thats just a national race.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Joel... do you have to do something special to race in the WC at Angle Fire or can you just buy a liscence and race? Besides that I will be hittin whistler, angle fire chile chalange, and Durango, and maybe aspen for the Norba races.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
priceseliger14 said:
Joel... do you have to do something special to race in the WC at Angle Fire or can you just buy a liscence and race? Besides that I will be hittin whistler, angle fire chile chalange, and Durango, and maybe aspen for the Norba races.
Jimmy_Pop said:
I think there is a bunch of us from DFW that are going to spectate at the World Cup Dh race at Angel Fire too.
again, we are going to spectate, so i have no idea. but if you find out, let us know. either way, i think i want to go and just watch. i think that alone will make me faster seeing pros race live in person.

joel

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
talked tonight about staying the week for these:

Snowmass National Snowmass, CO July 23-24 (XC, STXC, DH, SD, MX)
Full Tilt in Telluride Telluride, CO July 30-31 (XC, DH, SD)

igotabike

Chimp
Nov 8, 2003
atx
will somebody please tell me when we are all going to angelfire for the dh world cup event of our lives? im gonna get some of cedric gracia's leftover chicks

Big E

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Hell Paso Texas
hmmmmm some of us from El Paso might be down for that, but im not sure yet. and if you need somewhere to practice come over here and ride.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
priceseliger14 said:
you have to have a smei pro or pro international licence.

then qualifiy top 70 to race the final race.

i am going ot try but ir will be hard there are a lot of
fast semi guys who will want to to well there.

july 9-10

09.07.2005 10.07.2005 UCI World Cup XC #7 / DH/4X #6 (Angel Fire Resort) USA B 4X • • @
09.07.2005 10.07.2005 UCI World Cup XC #7 / DH/4X #6 (Angel Fire Resort) USA B DH • • @
09.07.2005 10.07.2005 UCI World Cup XC #7 / DH/4X #6 (Angel Fire Resort)

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
bcd said:
yes, if i show i can make the tracks. why?
I think the race is april 23-24th.. I talked too those guys the other day.. We should do a new course, down the left slopes.. You gonna come and check out the canyon, april 2nd? Come on YO!!
:mumble:

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
bcd said:
yes, if i show i can make the tracks. why?
I was just looking for info on the race. It is on my list of must do races this year. It was my first DH race on a real mountain. I raced it on a diamondback vlink 1.0... I saw a BCD for the first time at that event.

BTW, I sucked really bad.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Jimmy_Pop said:

here is AR scedule.

these will be some great races.

03-20-05 March Madness DH Cass, AR MDHCS
04-24-05 The nameless DH Clayton, OK MDHCS
05/22/05 Richter 8.0 Downhill Mena, AR MDHCS/AMBCS
06-19-05 Dead Dog Downhill Cass, AR MDHCS
07-16-05 Burnin' Fat DH E Springs,AR MDHCS/AMBCS
08-14-05 Looser than Hell DH Chadwick, MO MDHCS
09-17-05 DDChampionships Devil's Den AR MDHCS/AMBCS
10-16-05 MDHCS Championship
Cass, AR MDHCS
http://www.somefeargear.com/MDHCS/main.htm

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
The run at cass is very steep and fast. So far the run is right at a mile long. Half single track and half fire road. But the fireroad is sickly steep. We just hit it this weekend. It was slick out, but still alot of fun.

There are some drops on it. Nothing huge, but when you hit them with speed, they can be hella huge with the trail being as steep as it is.