Quantcast

DH/Freeride bike for a tall guy?

freeride1

Chimp
Jul 14, 2006
I'm 6'6 and not into the small bike thing. I have a 2004 19.5 Rocky Mountain Switch and it's way too small.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
My BF is 6'4" and he used to ride a Schwinn Straight 8 (yes I know they don't make those anymore!!), but they were pretty much a Yeti DH. Those and the Yetis used to be really long and about the only bikes he could find to fit him. I haven't looked at the Yeti bikes the last couple years though so I don't know if their fit has changed. Hope that helps.

toothless

Chimp
Dec 8, 2002
You could always check out the Turner Highline in an XL. I believe some are going to be produced if enough interest is received. There's a petition over on mtbr about it. Failing that, the large Iron Horse Sunday has a 24.5" tt. Combine that with a 80mm stem and I think that might work for you. Good luck!

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
cannondale gemini's come in like a 21 inch XL size I believe. I'm 6'7" and always rode a large, but if you like big bikes, go for it.

dhpimp

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
MILFS BEDROOM
freeride1 said:
I'm 6'6 and not into the small bike thing. I have a 2004 19.5 Rocky Mountain Switch and it's way too small.
I'm 6'3 and ride a medium Devinci Wilson. I really love the ride - slack Head Angle low BB, 7-9" of travel and it is available in a Large that has a 24.5 TT. The Medium fits me well but I like it snug. I totally think a Large would fit you well.

Guntruck

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
Mill Creek, WA
I second the 19" Sunday. I'm 6'3" and the 17" Sunday was even a tad big feeling for me. IH frames have always run large. I have a large Turner DHR that fits me a bit big as well... might be a tad on the small side for you.

thevan

Chimp
Jan 5, 2002
seattle/boulder?
yeah i'm 6'8" and have ridden a 19" sunday and it fit pretty good...i'm on a custom sized lenzsport right now and it fits well and the sunday feels pretty close size wise.